Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
nessa11

Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby nessa11 » 16 Sep 2014 04:45

I sometimes find that people confuse the two sometimes, and I'm curious on your opinions! Thanks

PKJacker

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby PKJacker » 16 Sep 2014 04:55

I personally never had an AP, but from what I've heard from others, it is a pretty mysterious place that has some laws.
Three steps from bliss.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 16 Sep 2014 04:56

Astral projection and lucid dreaming is arguably the same thing. Astral projection is arguably an OBE dream where you are having a very vivid lucid dream within your own bedroom.

People believe in astral projection if they are religious in combination with the fact that OBE dreams are so ridiculously vivid, people underestimate the power of the brain.

Beware of those on this forum who will jump on people who even mention astral projection. :D
Do a reality check

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Sep 2014 06:27

People who claim to Astral Project mean that they travel outside of their bodies (or inside in some weird spiritual way fuck idk) to some astral plane that is different from our physical one. In a sense it is like a parallel universe.

Whether it is real or not really depends on how you view the mind.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 16 Sep 2014 20:24

Sigh............

Another pseudoscientific post

When will the spread of pseudoscience ever stop?

The difference is that lucid dreaming is scientifically proven, and astral projection is not.

Astral projection is IMPOSSIBLE.

Astral projection is the fallacious idea in parapsychology that you can explore the 'astral' realm.

There is no astral realm. There is no soul. There are no such thing as spirits.

Why can't you guys comprehend this ridiculously simple notion?

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Sep 2014 20:51

For you LucidMaster a thought exercise

Lucid dreaming was unproven until it was so jump sides and tell me what it take for you to accept that astral travel is real and what constitutes real. A nice loop to think about and only an exercise for an open mind
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 16 Sep 2014 22:35

Peter, that's an absurd fallacy (that anti-pseudoscientists are closed minded).

I am quite open minded, expect when it comes to ideas which have no scientific support.

nessa11

Postby nessa11 » 17 Sep 2014 00:45

LucidityMaster wrote:Sigh............

Another pseudoscientific post

When will the spread of pseudoscience ever stop?

The difference is that lucid dreaming is scientifically proven, and astral projection is not.

Astral projection is IMPOSSIBLE.

Astral projection is the fallacious idea in parapsychology that you can explore the 'astral' realm.

There is no astral realm. There is no soul. There are no such thing as spirits.

Why can't you guys comprehend this ridiculously simple notion?

I can see where you're coming from, but honestly everyone is entitles to their own beliefs; because something isn't proved yet it doesn't make it untrue. I didn't believe those things until I started experiencing them, sometimes to understand something as true you have to have the experience of it rather than reading about experiments about it from a book

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 00:51

Sigh..............

To correct you, it's as close to a FACT as possible that astral projection doesn't exist, because there is no possible scientific mechanism that could support it.

You don't have to be so open minded that your brain falls out.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so I am showing them a different side so they can make their own conclusions.

Hopefully, they will reach the correct conclusion and say astral projection doesn't exist.

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 17 Sep 2014 01:03

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so I am showing them a different side so they can make their own conclusions.

You're telling us that, yet you don't practice it yourself.

Just because you don't believe in astral projection doesn't mean you have to seem so condescending to people who do. (Btw aspects like "Sigh", "Hopefully, they will reach the correct conclusion", and "You don't have to be so open minded that your brain falls out. " are making you seem this way to me)
Three steps from bliss.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”