Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidityMaster
Posts: 199
Joined: 19 Aug 2014 07:40

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 20:41

Peter wrote:I really dont get this


Neither do I, Peter. Why can't you acknowledge the truth?

Peter wrote:You claim to be a lucid master, at 20 thats not possible and how some mind blowing experiences related to dreaming
You said you are a scientist, again at 20 possible but probable, not really


You are not listening, Peter. I am 19 years old, and mastered lucid dreaming at the age of 17. How is that not possible?

Stephen LaBerge proved that with diligence, anyone of any age can master lucid dreaming.

I never remember saying I was a scientist at barely 19 years of age.

Peter, I don't get why you think spreading scientific knowledge is not a good thing.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions.

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1947
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 20:49

All I get is an immature child that is posting re-hashed comments that he has picked up from books and other people posts and no original thoughts. it is annoying almost everyone on the board and needs to change.

You still keep slamming other peoples posts with demeaning comments and might not get this but it needs to change.

Did you say somewhere something like Us scientists or some such thing that reads that you are a scientist so a simple question if this is so are you a scientist or are you not.

Lets start with this please
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster
Posts: 199
Joined: 19 Aug 2014 07:40

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 21:03

Peter, for someone who claims to be a mature adult, you act like someone who believes in fairy tales.

I have amassed a great amount of knowledge in my 19 years, and you don't need to discriminate me because of my age.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3495
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Summerlander » 17 Sep 2014 21:10

LucidityMaster posted:

I, along with the vast majority of scientists, know the evidence against astral projection is so strong, we don't need to wait for a miraculous event to prove us wrong.


I think your question has already been answered, Peter. There is a clear separation between "I" and "the majority of scientists."

If he was he would have logically said, "Us, scientists..." But whether or not he is a scientist is irrelevant. A scientist has explanatory and demonstrative power to put it in layman's terms whatever it is he is trying to convey so that everyone can understand. The layman is quite capable of acquiring a good understanding of scientific facts and know better than a person who simply chooses to ignore evidence and shirk reasoning.

An individual could even have a scientific interest, spend time exploring scientific discoveries, even be a great scientist, or have a scientific way of looking at things, without being a scientist by profession or having credentials/Nobel Prizes. I really don't see how the question is relevant.

We already said, astral projection remains belief-centric, lucid dreaming is a realistic interpretation as demonstrated by LaBerge by scientific means.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1947
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Peter » 17 Sep 2014 21:14

FYI and for everyone else I have just sent LM a warning and the next step is banning.
This related to views expressed in a way that is demeaning to other users and does not encourage others to post.
I have received to many complaints on his posts and need to take some strong measures.


Summerlander, I will pm you some more details

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster
Posts: 199
Joined: 19 Aug 2014 07:40

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby LucidityMaster » 17 Sep 2014 23:12

Peter wrote:I have received to many complaints on his posts


Sorry got a bit angry
Last edited by LucidityMaster on 17 Sep 2014 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Jack Reacher » 17 Sep 2014 23:13

He is just an edgy teenager going through his nihilistic phase. We have all been there. Nothing to see here people.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
Derpybunneh
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Sep 2014 22:27

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Derpybunneh » 19 Jan 2015 16:38

Face palm everyone! When we die, we do not go out of existence. When we die, our soul/spirit (yes there is a soul) leaves our body, and travels to the Spirit World. That is what death is. It is the separation of the spirit from the body. Your body is basically like a shell for your spirit.

IT annoys me how much people rely on science. Science must prove everything! No. I don't need science to prove anything. A lot of what I believe in, which is true, science can't prove. Ha! Take that science. You do not work. Science can prove most things, but not everything. Just because science can't prove it, doesn't mean it isn't true. I'm going to prove for myself whether astral projection is real or not. I don't need your help, science. Seeing is NOT believing.

I suggest stop relying on science. Rely on what you know is true, find out for yourself. I believe that dream telepathy, astral projection is real. I'm not going to say it isn't, until I know (for myself) if it isn't. If science says its not possible, I don't care. I'm going to do my OWN experiments until I prove it is real, for myself.

Butt out science.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby torakrubik » 20 Jan 2015 01:24

Derpybunneh wrote: Just because science can't prove it, doesn't mean it isn't true.


Just because you say something is true also does not make it true. You have constructed an argument from ignorance. It is absolutely fine to have your own beliefs don't get me wrong! I am just curious as to why you assert things such as:

Derpybunneh wrote: When we die, we do not go out of existence. When we die, our soul/spirit (yes there is a soul) leaves our body, and travels to the Spirit World. That is what death is. It is the separation of the spirit from the body. Your body is basically like a shell for your spirit.


Why is that true? I'm not saying that science has given us an answer, far from it, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this :)
Dreaming is my drug

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1947
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: Difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Postby Peter » 20 Jan 2015 04:38

Belief is fine, proof is not the same. You dont need belief if you have proof, it does not matter where the proof comes from but science is about the best we have.

Also I think that the process is misunderstood. Science seeks to disprove in as many ways as possible and if cant be disprove then the only option is what we call proof until some other fact appears.
So its a negative process that only leaves an answer and does not really seek to prove at all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest