Vibrations when I sleep HELP?!?!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Vibrations when I sleep HELP?!?!!

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 04:48

The first time i experienced these sleep vibrations was about a year ago. I noticed them the same night I first read about lucid dreaming teqniques and how vibrations may be a symptom of sleep paralysis. So the first time it happened I woke myself up while they started and of course they stopped when I woke myself up. For the next 7 months it happened more often at least once a week and for about a month in between that seven it happened almost every night for a month. I stopped trying to lucid dream for a while and made sure I was always really tired before bed so I'd sleep all through the night. They happen maybe once every two months now but I'm scared of them because I made myself scared of them for no reason by waking up all the time. What do I do? What are they? Is the vibration normal? Has this happened to any of you? How do I get over this fear? And yes I have had lucid dreams since then Ill just know I'm in a dream without induction etc. Help please though fellow dreamers!?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

superfly9

Re: Vibrations when I sleep HELP?!?!!

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 04:55

what kind of vibrations exactly? need a more detailed description of them

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 25 Sep 2014 05:21

You really don't need to be scared of the vibrations, they are completely harmless. Just think of it as your body falling asleep while you are consciously aware, and you won't be so frightened.
Vibrations are part of what you can feel while entering SP and will only scare you if you allow them to do so. However, if you remain calm and relax as you have them and enter into SP, you can use that to enter a WILD.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 05:34

hmmz I kinda think I had that same thing a few times, but I was scared aswe'll and always stopped it cos to me it was really loud ringing in the ears and sometimes I'd hear a voice of someone talking or a random noise and I'd wake up myself.. even though it was like 5am in the morning and no one else was home?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 05:36

superfly9 wrote:what kind of vibrations exactly? need a more detailed description of them

They are really strong and I can both hear it and feel it. I have very limited physical control if any. They get stronger and stronger the longer I wait and I always end up moving intentionally because I know the next step is possibly floating into dream body and possibly seeing shadowy figures. Can the fear of seeing your fears be overcome by thinking psotivie relaxing and also thinking of a happy place where you want to be when entering your wild?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 05:39

nesgirl wrote:You really don't need to be scared of the vibrations, they are completely harmless. Just think of it as your body falling asleep while you are consciously aware, and you won't be so frightened.
Vibrations are part of what you can feel while entering SP and will only scare you if you allow them to do so. However, if you remain calm and relax as you have them and enter into SP, you can use that to enter a WILD.

Nesgirl I've hears that some people will see there fears after this stage ( you should know I've been lucid before and have a good imagination ) but that's the main thing scaring me from following vibrations. Also I've heard of people being grabbed by something obviously not a physical being but there dream hallucination makes them think they are being grabbed cus its a fear or hearing something. There are so many boundaries how can I get past these simple fears? So I can master wild and eventually lding completely??

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 05:47

Yeh I have had that before.. and it just gets to intense for me, I didn't actually know that's how some ppl enter though.. But I have only ever had vibrations a few times and avoided them going all the way, I don't even know since I know what they were.. If I would have the guts to just let it go all the way, But I'm just scared of the unknown and to me it wasn't a pleasant experience, But if I have em again and go through with it.. you'll be the 1st to know wot happens.. but if you do it, I'd love to hear how it went lol :D

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 05:50

superfly9 wrote:Yeh I have had that before.. and it just gets to intense for me, I didn't actually know that's how some ppl enter though.. But I have only ever had vibrations a few times and avoided them going all the way, I don't even know since I know what they were.. If I would have the guts to just let it go all the way, But I'm just scared of the unknown and to me it wasn't a pleasant experience, But if I have em again and go through with it.. you'll be the 1st to know wot happens.. but if you do it, I'd love to hear how it went lol :D

Definitely get what your saying man I also was scared for no factual reason. It is the unknown that is a big thing but apparently this is the induction process to a full on lucid dream. Can you imagine being lucid for a whole dream rather than just a part? The things you could do.. I think I talked to you in another post about how I don't actually induce a lucid dream I just know I'm there from waking IP that morning. But you too let me know If you get to the vibration state and get past it. Is there a way to add friends on here?

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 25 Sep 2014 06:08

haha yeh we have been going back and forth between them lol, But yeh I can't imagine starting a lucid dream from the start.. Cos my settings have always been like there from whatever dream I was in.., and to me it feels weird that they can change, I've only ever changed location once when I was actually fully in control and aware, and it just went from black to reveal a whole new place.. It was a strange feeling watching this thing just create whilst being conscious of it.. So I can only assume starting phase might be a little like that

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 25 Sep 2014 06:21

quote="superfly9"]haha yeh we have been going back and forth between them lol, But yeh I can't imagine starting a lucid dream from the start.. Cos my settings have always been like there from whatever dream I was in.., and to me it feels weird that they can change, I've only ever changed location once when I was actually fully in control and aware, and it just went from black to reveal a whole new place.. It was a strange feeling watching this thing just create whilst being conscious of it.. So I can only assume starting phase might be a little like that[/quote]
Im going to bed soon but yeah i have changed settings only few times while in ld. But if this will help you achieve that ill share my advice so im dreamong riight all the sudden i fall into a dark ocean im lucid inatantly bwcause i see my friend already under the water and hes just floating there. So I get a bad vibe because first off i ts completely dark secondly I'm breathing underwater and think I want the setting to change. In the background I see a dark black window and touch my hand to it. The glass shattered and as the water spilled out the broken window will I notice that's it's a China town. I step through and see my dog harvesting sunflowers and the town is completely absent besides my dog. It was so funny made my day.. But that was a lucid dream in which an example of setting change occurred maybe it'll help you.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”