False Awakening WILD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Finch_Linus

False Awakening WILD?

Postby Finch_Linus » 29 Sep 2014 16:08

I think I had a false awakening in which I had a WILD, but then I got confused and went to black and I slept. Is it possible to False Awakening WILD? It was weird...

Second question: Every time I realise that I am awake in a dream it fades to black as I feel my head on the pillow.... How can I stop this?

HAGART

Re: False Awakening WILD?

Postby HAGART » 30 Sep 2014 06:12

I get 'Lucid False Awakenings' all the time. Sometimes it takes a few seconds or even minutes to realize it, but after that you simply get up and walk around! I'll be in a bed, thinking I'm trying to lucid dream and then realize I am already asleep! And sometimes it's accompanied by all the myriad of WILD sensations too.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lionelcnrd45

Postby lionelcnrd45 » 04 Oct 2014 09:49

HAGART wrote:I get 'Lucid False Awakenings' all the time. Sometimes it takes a few seconds or even minutes to realize it, but after that you simply get up and walk around! I'll be in a bed, thinking I'm trying to lucid dream and then realize I am already asleep! And sometimes it's accompanied by all the myriad of WILD sensations too.

I rarely get false awakenings but when I do though it's scares the heck out of me because I get like three to four false awakenings. Is that strange?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2014 09:56

Nope it's not strange.
Just takes a little getting use to.

Once lucid though, you will have a long dream, and REM can only last so long.

But if you get another FA (false awakening) that's no big deal either. Welcome to the club! I get those all the time and I'm doing fine. No need to fear.

They are interesting, not scary. Change the way you look at it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James.S

Postby James.S » 06 Oct 2014 01:12

Yup, dreaming that you're in your bed trying to dream.

After a false awakening and then finding I am still dreaming, I find it helps to focus on something in your room for a while until it comes fully in focus as if it is real life. This seams to stabilise the dream and stop further false awakenings.

Hope this helps, James

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”