WILD Sleep Paralysis Phase For Hours

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
James.S

WILD Sleep Paralysis Phase For Hours

Postby James.S » 06 Oct 2014 00:48

Hey,

I have found that when trying to WILD I will sometimes be stuck in sleep paralysis waiting for the next phase for over an hour. I am usually very patient but after an hour of being concious in sleep paralysis I get concerned and I will move to snap out of it and just try and get some sleep. This is after I have woken up after 6 hours of sleep. After what feels like forever in sleep paralysis I checked my watch and an hour had passed since I tried to WILD. I also reality check to make sure I am not dreaming about lying in my bed trying to dream.

I have only ever successfully WILDed 2-4 times and that was a while back. Though I am able to DEILD dream chain almost every night. It is very rare that I do not have at least one lucid dream per night, but I want to move on to being able to WILD every night.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any advise for me?
Thanks, James.

dreamstudent

Re: WILD Sleep Paralysis Phase For Hours

Postby dreamstudent » 06 Oct 2014 06:48

Well I'm not being rude just pointing out... sleep paralysis generally means that your body is asleep while your mind is awake, hence the reason why you are paralyzed an unable to move. So if you were to be in sleep paralysis for an hour and then move and wake up and go back to sleep you'd be contradicting yourself because you were already asleep just conscious. You need to try to get to the dream state once in sleep paralysis which is as simple as getting up and walking into the dream world from the sleep paralysis state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

superfly9

Postby superfly9 » 07 Oct 2014 07:20

just adding on to dreamstudent, if your in SP and laying there conscious of the fact.. your probably in reach of SP to WILD.. but it does depend a lot on your REM sleep and if your eligible to jump into WILD , I had a recent night where I was laying there in SP and moved my arm after probly 5-10mins.. and it didn't feel heavy.. and the harder I pulled it actually moved my real arm and woke up.. It was annoying and I closed eyes instantly and didn't move again for about 20 mins this time.. and the 2nd time I felt weight.. but it was light.. and I pulled myself to consciousness to fast.. , It all depends on timing.. and if your not the window to go WILD.. you will just wake yourself everytime, the best time is wen it feels impossible to drag yourself from your body.. , I spent 1-2mins dragging and ripping my dreambody from my real body.. and that WILD lasted for nearly 10mins.. and that was record time for me.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Oct 2014 12:23

Im confused by your post.. you say you move to snap out of it but if one is fully in a sleep paralyses state, it means you cant move. The exception is when one moves by HEAPS of effort, one can then move generally a small body part eg it takes me a huge effort in a sleep paralyses state to wiggle my toe (It can feel like it can take me a minute just to become able to wiggle my big toe to try to break the paralyses state).

Im wondering if you are in fact in the right state for a LD but not recognising it.. maybe your reality checks are failing??? or the other thing Im wondering is if you are in the wrong state and more like a meditation/trance state. I myself find my meditation/trance like states different to my LD state and if I get into the wrong state I can stay in it ALL NIGHT and still be there laying awake but without a LD by daylight the next morn (its my all night observer state in which I can sleep but remain conscious all night but not LD).

There are various altered states of being for various things, one of them is LD. I cant figure out what state you are in when you are laying there for hours, nor can I figure out how to tell you how to go into the needed state for LD if you are instead going into others. I hope you find a solution.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 19 Oct 2014 01:40

I have the exact same issue. I can get into sleep paralysis and sometimes vibrations but I can't seem to transition from those states. I either end up hanging out in sleep paralysis or it just fades off me after a while. However people here are saying you can't move at all in sleep paralysis, but I have never been in a level of sleep paralysis that I could not break out of... sleep paralysis may come heavy over me but I never had the inability to break out of SP if I so desired. The only reason for this that I could imagine is that I perhaps transitioned seamlessly into a dream or OBE without my own realizing it and what I experience is a mild dream sleep paralysis that follows the transition? I doubt that though, it happens far too frequently. I know this post isn't very helpful to provide a solution, but I am in the same boat that you are in. Been in this boat for more than 2 years.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 31 Oct 2014 06:01

KylePK wrote:I have the exact same issue. I can get into sleep paralysis and sometimes vibrations but I can't seem to transition from those states. I either end up hanging out in sleep paralysis or it just fades off me after a while. However people here are saying you can't move at all in sleep paralysis, but I have never been in a level of sleep paralysis that I could not break out of... sleep paralysis may come heavy over me but I never had the inability to break out of SP if I so desired. The only reason for this that I could imagine is that I perhaps transitioned seamlessly into a dream or OBE without my own realizing it and what I experience is a mild dream sleep paralysis that follows the transition? I doubt that though, it happens far too frequently. I know this post isn't very helpful to provide a solution, but I am in the same boat that you are in. Been in this boat for more than 2 years.

Agreed my sleep paralysis was always able to move in some way although little it didn't take me huge amounts of effort like taniust. And it's strange the few times I've wild it was interesting, for me it went from very sleepy then I felt vibrations for at least 3 minutes solid which is looooonnngggg.. And then I started seeing flashes of imagery that led to a complete picture eventually and then I was standing in my room and jumped up through ceiling... Even once outside my dream world still began to form around me.. I think I'll make a post of the images one thinks or sees at the brink of the sleep transition

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”