What should I do...?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Finch_Linus

What should I do...?

Postby Finch_Linus » 11 Oct 2014 08:41

I've never LD'd for more than a few seconds -- and might I note that this wasn't because of my excitement; in fact I wasn't excited, instead I was very calm -- and it usually fades to black once I know I am dreaming. This dream was different.

I had a dream I was in a cinema and the screen changed size. I woke up. I had a dream I was in another cinema and the screen changed size. I thought... hang on! I'm dreaming. I started to rub my hands together and it felt like real and I kept switching between reality and non-reality. When I was in reality, my arms were by my side and I could feel them rubbing together in the non-reality state. Eventually, reality won... :(

What should I do now to keep myself in the dream state once I realise I am dreaming, because nothing ever works...

taniaaust1

Re: What should I do...?

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Oct 2014 12:06

hang on! I'm dreaming. I started to rub my hands together and it felt like real and I kept switching between reality and non-reality. When I was in reality, my arms were by my side and I could feel them rubbing together in the non-reality state. Eventually, reality won.

I think that shows progress, I often enter my LDs in such a way when I WILD.. at first, often Im in both places at once or are getting a bit of drop out so I kept loosing the dream some. Its just a matter of practice. It's just a matter of learning to focus more on the dream (but in a relaxed kind of way as you dont want to be stimulating the waking mind too much while trying to go deeper into the dream) and letting go more of the physical state. sorry I cant explain how its done but hopefully if you experience that a few more times you will start to see what I mean.

One thing thou is try not to stress at all when this is occurring.. stay relaxed. You could also try to focus on the senses more which are in the dream... did you try to listen to things in the dream? did you try to smell anything in the dream? If not, try to use your dream senses to see if it helps.

Another thing you can do which does help me a lot is I bring someone, a DC into the dream to help me stay there better. eg I bring an exboyfriend into my dream and ask him to touch me. I then use his touch to stabilise me better into the dream. (to bring him into my dream I just think of him being in next room and then think of him coming my way eg about to enter the room where I am and then he does).

Anyway, there is a couple of things you can try if you havent already done so.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Finch_Linus

Re: What should I do...?

Postby Finch_Linus » 14 Oct 2014 16:03

It seems that my Lucid dreams only ever occur by accident.

I'm trying to do the MILD method. I have a good and vivid dream recall and I do lucid affirmations before bed. What more do I need to do to make sure that I can have a lucid dream on demand (and not accident). I can work on stabilisation later.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”