Meditation in a lucid dream - Share

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Meditation in a lucid dream - Share

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Oct 2014 07:31

So I was just wondering who else has meditated in a lucid dream besides me and what happened? I will share my two stories down below all though I've had more than that. I can remember these off the top of my head.

Example 1: I'm lucid I'm riding a chopper bike (I never had before in real life, not sure why I was riding it?) and the sun is setting in the distance and I'm on a highway that runs along a coastal beach. I pull over because the first thing I think of is try meditation in a dream I'd heard of it before. I sit down along side the highway and criss cross and close my eyes. I feel a floating sensation followed by some slight vibration noises. As I'm floating up I feel I can't float any higher because some chains were around my rists. I wasn't scared or anything cus I knew I was lucid I just thought oh maybe I'm not suppose to figure meditation out yet in a LD.

2nd example: I'm in the mountains with my psychology professor thatI hhave much respect for. He is a budist in the real world and within the dream he is teaching me to levitate objects. A large amount of fish got on dry land by accident my professor was showing me how to meditatively levitate them and he did. I closed my eyes and rose my arms up and down in a wave form like avatar anng the last airbender and I picked up the fish and brought them to a watery pool. And repeated this. It was quite interesting because when I closed my eyes and breathed in and out slow while doing the bending motions I was able to attain more power by picking up more fish at a time. Where as without the meditative stances I could do much less levitation of the fish quanitites.

So those are two examples I would like other lucid dreams to try meditation in a LD and let me know what happens or if you have already please share your experiences, thank you.

best regards,

Dreamstudent.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Re: Meditation in a lucid dream - Share

Postby nesgirl » 27 Oct 2014 00:55

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Oct 2014 01:34

The pitch black and data method is interesting. I always enjoy your responses nesgirl

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Joseph

Postby Joseph » 27 Oct 2014 19:13

I tried to meditate few times in LDs mostly I woke up after few moments. But I remember once that I could hear myself breathing in real world and felt the breath inside my nose. It was very weird and Im not sure if it was really the real breathing I heard or it was just a dream.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 30 Oct 2014 03:34

That's definitely a phenomenon I was aware of also! it seemed as though when I controlled my breathing rate in the dream my own body was mimicking the same breathing rate. However, it doesn't wake me up like it seems in your case, it seems it calms me down and lets me enjoy an elongated lucid dream to one in which it is much harder to wake. but that's just how it works for me.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”