Ignorant Community Collrge Coach makes fun of lucid dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Ignorant Community Collrge Coach makes fun of lucid dreaming

Postby dreamstudent » 30 Oct 2014 17:59

I recently broke my foot in basketball and so I've been sitting in class talking to the phed instructor about dreams which have been mentioned and the theory that you could learn not muscle memory but the confidence to perform a physical task within a dream and use it in reality. And so the basketball girls come in and he starts just saying like 'oh this kid wants me to dope you guys up on sleeping pills so you can learn in your dreams', 'what happens of you don't remember your dreams how can you learn anything from them' he has also said, ' I don't think dreams are important because it doesn't deal directly with reality' it is fucking reality dreams are a part of reality dumb fuck. I am glad I discussed my personal interests with him so he could hammer them with harsh words, it encourages me more and more each day to become a scientist to study the true nature of dreams.. God damn I'm thankful for this forum. I have you guys to rant to... Tell me what you think. What I should say to this prick. He's a coach for the community college girls basketball pry like 45, he claims common sense is more valuable than book smart and he has common sense obv. I feel he doesn't with the way he treats people. Not just me he is especially rude to his basketball girls.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Guitar48300

Re: Ignorant Community Collrge Coach makes fun of lucid drea

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 Oct 2014 22:27

If I've learned anything over the course of my life it's that people are gonna discourage you and say bad things about stuff you love. Everything and everyone has a hater. But here's something positive to think about: You can feel however you want and do whatever you want with lucid dreaming and there's nothing he can do to stop you. Absolutely Nothing.

Then there's also the option to bring him in a lucid dream to express your feelings towards him. Of course it wont be the real him, but it might blow off a lot of steam. Just make sure whatever you do to him is in the dreams only, where there are no consequences ;)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

buildit

Postby buildit » 30 Oct 2014 23:36

Dream student I appreciate your anguish but please watch the language. As for the coach, they sound as if they are insecure with their masculinity or sports of ability. Well, I hope you can heal quickly and prove them wrong. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 31 Oct 2014 02:07

Thanks Guitar and I know buildit I was gonna edit it out but I was so angry when this happened its a one time thing so I wont remove the language to kind of represent the way I felt. I hope to also buildit, I think I want remove my amygdala so I don't fear failing so much lol.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 Oct 2014 02:18

You don't have to watch your language around me. lol! That coach sounds like an egotistical narcissist who likes to belittle people in order to make himself look big. You would probably be wasting your time with him. But maybe you could try to educate him.

Tell him what lucid dreaming is. Tell him it's science fact. Tell him people can train themselves to remember dreams and to be fully conscious in them. Also, wouldn't it be great if people could carry on their training in their sleep at night. Lucid dreaming will build confidence and get the mind ready before the body.

Tell him to get a copy of Stephen LaBerge's "Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming."

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Oct 2014 03:06

Dont give him the time of day, he is in his world and best to leave him there to rot. I dont bother explaining to anyone unless they ask and then in the simplest ways so they can relate a little.

He is sadly also very normal in his views. I have friends that are astounded I can even recall dreams - most people cant and if you ask they will go back years to the last one they recalled.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 31 Oct 2014 05:46

I think I will try to educate him in order to make it so I'm not so emotional when. Someone critisizes these theories and beleifs , thanks peter I see what your saying and I know the feeling I usually bring up dreams subtially to not come off as weird and some people have thought back year or two or three to the last dream they remember.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 31 Oct 2014 06:29

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 01 Nov 2014 08:09

Well I feel like we are the normal people nesgirl, and they've all turned weird.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Nov 2014 10:59

I feel like telling them: You don't know about lucid dreaming? You need to get with the program! You could prolong your conscious life and gain experience. Why live 100 when you could live 200 so to speak?

Making it sound like they are missing out big time (which they are) could be a good strategy. Sell it!

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”