There is something to think about!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Old Traveler

There is something to think about!

Postby Old Traveler » 03 Nov 2014 03:08

Are dream characters more than dream fluff?
Interesting line of inquiry. MANY people apparently DO
believe these dream characters are more than dream fluff.
"Why would we go there seeking seeking our "Inner Guides"
if we did not?"

Read Minds In Many Pieces by Ralph B. Allison, Ted Schwarz
and meet the many multiple personalities that Dr. Allison
began to suspect might have some real life on their own.

OK. Have I got you attention? Are these multiple personalities similar to
our lucid dream characters? Food for thought!

Old Traveler

You can down load it on Kindle or buy yourself a copy at Amazon.
I read it years back. It's well worth having in your library!

Better yet go to www.dissociation.com and read his papers.
You can also print some of the papers on this website. The blog is also well worth
your time. VERY unusual stuff. :o

Buy Dr. Ralph B. Allison's E-Books

Minds In Many Pieces: Revealing the Spiritual Side of Multiple Personality Disorder

Memories of an Essence: How Humans and Spiritual Beings Put 70 Personalities Back Together Again

Michael, My Essence: The Origin, Nature, Talents and Supervisors of One Human's Soul

Collected Works, Volume I, Diagnosis & Treatment of Dissociative Disorders

Collected Works, Volume II, One Hillside Strangler and "Other Selves" Who Kill
Never-before-published court reports about Ken Bianchi, one of the L.A. Hillside Stranglers, are included in this collection of Dr. Allison’s papers about his work in courts and corrections. See how he came to understand how the “other selves” who killed were not dissociated Alter-Personalities but Internalized Imaginary Companions (IIC) capable of heinous crimes. These IIC were not a legal excuse but an explanation. Follow Dr. Allison from one confusing criminal to another he met during the dozen years he worked in a state prison.

Collected Works, Volume III, Spiritual Psychology
Possession & Exorcism, Reincarnation, and the nature of the human Essence (a.k.a. soul or spirit) are the subjects of these collected papers on Spiritual Psychology by Dr. Allison. Most of this information was taught to him by spiritual beings who borrowed the bodies of two of his patients with Multiple Personality Disorder. These spirits called themselves collectively Celestial Intelligent Energy (CIE). Individually they were named Faith, Hope, and Charity. Their basic message was: “Each of you humans has an Essence; listen to it.”

Memories of an Essence

A new E-Book, Memories of an Essence, How Humans and Spiritual Beings Put 70 Personalities Back Together Again, by Ralph B. Allison, M.D., is now available from Amazon.com for those who own a Kindle E-Book Reader. It can also be read on the iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, PC, Mac, Blackberry and Android smartphones.

Discover how humans and spiritual beings put Marie's 70 personalities back together again. Join Dr. Allison in his wild trip through the life of Marie, who created her first alter-personality at the age of six months. She first met with Dr. Allison at age 28, when he began helping her integrate her personalities. See how they did that in the next three years. Becky, her Essence, was Dr. Allison's valuable advisor during Marie's therapy and was still dissociated from Marie, her Personality, after integration. After 13 years apart, they agreed to write her story. Becky, acting as Marie's memory manager, provided historical details from her files in the Akashic Records. Becky's supervisory spirits, Faith, Hope, and Charity, described how they had monitored Becky and Marie. While borrowing Marie's body to speak to Dr. Allison, they told him their job titles and descriptions and how they observe and help members of the human race.

Old Traveler

nesgirl

Re: There is something to think about!

Postby nesgirl » 03 Nov 2014 21:23

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 04 Nov 2014 16:04

The question is, "What constitutes another, real human being?"

If you and I are sitting across from each other ... how do you know that I am real? How do you know that I'm not an android, or a dream character, or a schizophrenic hallucination?
There is no clear distinction between reality and non-reality. There is no way that you can know right now that you are not in a dream. Maybe right now you're reaching up to pinch your nose and perform a reality check. Okay, fine. But the point is that people can never know what is real and what is not, because reality is strictly defined by two thing: perception and memory. Two extremely faulty, unreliable mechanisms. A person may not have noticed you slip a few tablets of LSD into his drink. And when he hallucinates a gigantic purple monster smash down his front door and make a charge for him, he is not going to pause and question his reality. He is going to start screaming and running away.

So, yes ... technically, dream characters are just as real as people we see in real life. They apparently exhibit the ability to speak to you, to think for themselves, to act like a normal, real human being. This is all we can really know by observing a human being we see in the real world.
These are dangerous things to think about. Exercises in knowing what is real and what is not are not only an entertaining endeavors, but an important ones.
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 04 Nov 2014 19:09

The answer is simple. If you only exist because I exist then you are not real.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Old Traveler

Postby Old Traveler » 05 Nov 2014 00:47

Did anyone read some of the free papers on the website? :mrgreen:

http://www.dissociation.com/2007/publishedpapers.asp

http://www.dissociation.com/2007/docReader.asp?url=/index/unpublished/My%20Spiritual%20Teachers1.txt

http://www.dissociation.com/2007/docReader.asp?url=/index/unpublished/causempd.txt

Old Traveler :mrgreen:

buildit

Postby buildit » 05 Nov 2014 01:17

Old Traveler wrote:Did anyone read some of the free papers on the website? :mrgreen:

http://www.dissociation.com/2007/docReader.asp?url=/index/unpublished/My%20Spiritual%20Teachers1.txt

http://www.dissociation.com/2007/docReader.asp?url=/index/unpublished/causempd.txt

Interesting but I would look for another researcher who is capable of finding the same "essences" in other people with MDP. I do not totally discount the possibility of alternate energy life forms but would like to see a control study vs this doctors interpretation of the data if possible.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Nov 2014 09:06

Old Traveler wrote:Did anyone read some of the free papers on the website? :mrgreen:

Interesting that he has his own alternate personalities or Internalized Imaginary friends, but otherwise rubbish. Freud took the: body; mind; soul theory common in his time and relaunched them as: Id:; Ego and Superego, this person has done the same thing to the Freudian elements only claiming without any evidence (excluding Imaginary Internalized Evidence ;)). His 'Original Personality' is Freud's Id, this 'Essence' is the Freudian Ego and his 'Celestial Intelligent Energy' is Freud's Superego. He's a fraud like Carlos Castenada; but a much inferior writer.

His Essence 'Michael' rivals Summerland for how bad an historian he is. Like the majority of these people he claims his channelled spirits are speaking in and using modern English terms; though like most of them he then uses names which are equally non-historical.

Michael - no Republican Roman living during the time with Gaius Marcus would have been called "Michael", nor would they have had a friend named Jean Luis and a Gallian of the tribe of Londe. Both Jean and Luis are Proto-Germanic in origin not Gaulish (though Gallia is the Latin for Gaul). There was no "Gallian Tribe of Londe" for Luis to be a member of. No Non-Roman could of been a captain in a Roman army during the time of Marius. Herodias, Zenuitias, Ruthea and Maria are not possible Roman names either.

He has the Roman army with three ranks of officers: Captain; Colonel and General. Michael, the son of a high Roman official would not have been a 'captain' (Centurion) but a Tribune (colonel).
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Old Traveler

Postby Old Traveler » 05 Nov 2014 15:20

Hi Snaggle:

"Interesting that he has his own alternate personalities or Internalized Imaginary friends, but otherwise rubbish." Interesting non the less, to some of us.

"His Essence 'Michael' rivals Summerland for how bad an historian he is." :o
Be nice now. :lol:

About Carlos Castenada; I never bought into any of that either.

You make some very good points about historical names.

Old Traveler. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”