Flying In Dreams Progression

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
StormSharkX

Flying In Dreams Progression

Postby StormSharkX » 16 Nov 2014 16:47

I find the aspect of flying in dreams fascinating since its something that I progressively got better at over the years, I find that each time I am able to fly in a dream I become better and better at it.

For example I recall back years ago when I first started to recall been able to fly in dreams, I used to have problems with controlling myself in the air, my flying technique back then was very sluggish I would struggle to control my direct and find that often I would just start to float away upwards without been able to control my accent or be able to fly back downwards, I would often occur hazardous obstacles in the air as I often found myself flying through urban city areas and encounter obstacles like overhead power lines or telephone lines that would obstruct my way and I would often find it difficult to navigate between them, sometimes this was even a little scary since often I would not be aware that I was dreaming and fear been electrocuted by such obstacles.

But over the years as I grew in experience of these dreams I became better and better at flying, now flying in a dream is no longer an issue for me, its something that I have mastered to the point that I can even show off about it in my dreams to other dream characters, sometimes other dream characters share the ability to fly with me, where as others do not, but even when I encounter other characters that can also fly I am always far superior at this skill, often I compete with other flying dream characters in aerial combat but they are never any match for me I can easily use my superior speed and movement to fly circles around them, other times we may just race and I always thrash whoever it is I am racing, there has even been occasions where I have sort to teach other dream characters how to improve there flying skill.

Since I only know of my own experience of flying in dreams I am curious if anyone else has had similar progressive experiences with flying or any other progressive ability within there dreams also, is there anything else that you consider a skill you have improved upon over time within your dream state?

buildit

Re: Flying In Dreams Progression

Postby buildit » 16 Nov 2014 18:15

I had an in depth lucid dream a little while ago in which I spent a decent amount of time perfecting something I had never worried about before, landings. For some reason I had always awakened before landing , just sort of did it superhero style taking the full crushing force without really slowing down or was not in corporeal form (normally I fly as just energy) . It was a very long lucid dream and I haven't had one since but here is a link to the event.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15540
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Snaggle

Re: Flying In Dreams Progression

Postby Snaggle » 16 Nov 2014 23:12

StormSharkX wrote:Since I only know of my own experience of flying in dreams I am curious if anyone else has had similar progressive experiences with flying or any other progressive ability within there dreams also, is there anything else that you consider a skill you have improved upon over time within your dream state?

My flying is still quite primitive, usually I exit a a dream character as a disembodied consciousness when I want to travel. As a disembodied consciousness I can move anywhere and in any direction at great speed. I did, however, have a progression with this movement. At first I treated physical objects as real and did not travel through them. I also did not realize that instead of travelling a could just instantly teleport to locations.

Hygnagogic imagery initially just appeared and I watched it. It took me a long time to be able: to zoom in or zoom out; to flip my viewpoint of the HI or to change the HI itself at will; finally to manipulate the HI state. I tried to look through my closed eyes in an HI state without images and could, seeing both the room I was in and moving out of it with vision originating from my closed eyes. Later I tried the same thing; but tried to walk around with my eyes closed and just using the HI vision - surprisingly I could without hitting anything and even saw my cat, confirming he was really there by opening my eyes and looking. These were fairly fun experiments with the HI state and surprising.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”