For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby hunteradkinson » 27 Nov 2014 07:59

Hi I havent been on the forum in a while so its good to be back. I just thought i would talk about a mindset change that has really helped me get through some of the rough patches in this dream business you know where you go weeks without a dream-.- More or less i used to think like i could only do what has already been done more or less like that no matter what i could only dream as good as the best lucid dreamer their is but recently i have decided that, really i have no limits i can literally do what hasn't been done before. I have altered my life goals as a dreamer drastically because of this, my goal now is, by the time I die to be able to have consecutive lucid dreams night after night that seem to last a very long time. My point is dont let your goals be limited to the standards society has given you and reach for the stars you can do anything you want. Anyway i thought i would share that hope it help you.

Re: Mindsets

Postby Inedible » 27 Nov 2014 11:40

It isn't a very difficult goal. How soon do you plan to die?

To begin with, getting more sleep means more dreams and longer dreams. It also keeps you from sleeping as deeply so you are more likely to notice you are dreaming. In other words, you have to really focus on making sleep a priority in your life. If it isn't, you have to ask yourself what is more important. Maybe this isn't really your goal because something else is.

Another way is to sleep sitting up. Proper cushioning and support are key elements to this. It automatically keeps your sleep lighter and increases alertness within dreams.

Aerobic exercise (running, walking, swimming), meditation, good nutrition, and all the usual stuff about keeping healthy are all useful for progress with lucid dreaming. These help to keep obstacles out of your way. When you do them, you can focus on the idea that you are doing them to increase your lucid dreaming activity. It isn't the same as a reality test, but it is effective because it sharpens your resolve or your intent to have a lucid dream. Frequently intending lucid dreams helps to have them more often, especially if you can put some feeling into it. The closer it gets to when you are about to sleep, the greater the impact will be. The last five minutes before you drift off are the most important for setting your resolution to be lucid, but frequently connecting lucid dreaming to other activities during the day is also important because so much dream content comes from what you think and feel as you go about your day.

Postby dreamstudent » 29 Nov 2014 03:40

Encouraging thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2014 16:40

My point is dont let your goals be limited to the standards society has given you and reach for the stars you can do anything you want.

I didnt know there was any society standards for LD. I see it as an unlimited thing. Only ones own mind can hold one back with it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”