We dream what we believe, and believe what we dream.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: We dream what we believe, and believe what we dream.

Postby HAGART » 16 Dec 2014 07:02

Actually now that you mention it, I saw an interview with Robert Waggoner once. He said there was a time in his life when he would close his eyes and only see a calming blue all night long. Time didn't exist and he would open them again, feeling like only a second had passed, and it would be morning. His wife said the corners of his mouth were raised as if he was smiling all night long.

That intrigues me.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 12:23

HAGART wrote: My philosophy now is that anything I do in a lucid dream, no matter how awesome and mind bending, is just stroking my ego. I want to escape it and see how it's a futile cycle of self-gratitude. Dreams are not what you do and accomplish, but how you feel when doing it. That's all there is and there is no reward when you wake up, no trophy at your bedside. Just feelings. They are fun, don't get me wrong. But to what end? It's just feelings.

I think its more then "just feelings" .. its a seeing deeper into your imagination, your mind. Connecting on a deeper level then you do in normal daily life. Here's a question. is your mind just feelings to you?

What else is there beyond feelings, and beliefs of anything?

I think it's 'the void' as some call it.

Both the all and the void, existing in the same space or all space, in no time. There is also a "beingness" in the void even without thought or form or feelings. I have experienced it a couple of times in deep meditation.. maybe you should try to achieve this state throu meditation rather then throu dreaming as the subconscious mind may be too active while dreaming thou one could dream up their own version of it.. ahh and then it would be "we dream what we believe and believe what we dream". funny as that is what I said I didnt believe earlier.

I have yet to achieve that, but that is my goal. That is my destination. Not a direction, but nothingness in it's entirety. It's so abstract it's beyond words.

With no beliefs.

(I started this thread, not knowing where it would go, and it led me to nowhere, and my whole reply sounds ridiculous doesn't it?)
To me, the word, 'nowhere' can become... 'NOW HERE!'

My reply had no apparent meaning, but I got it. This is just a riddle thread now! But I somehow make sense to myself for some reason.

I think a few others got what I was saying... maybe.

Nowhere ..is an interesting word :) I believe its a word which carries truth.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Dec 2014 02:28

taniaaust1 wrote:Here's a question. is your mind just feelings to you?

I do BELIEVE, that emotions and memories are at the heart of who I am, yes. Memories of everything I think I know, which is also known as, 'belief'. And my emotions react to things according to my 'beliefs' and that is my continuous inner cycle in my mind. Both when awake and in dreams. It could be as simple as reacting to a clump of hair because I believed for a second it was a spider. Notice how I didn't say, how, I reacted. I may have run up to it and hugged it! If you think I was startled it was because you, the reader, believes they are horrific. The word, 'spider', is just a word but you read it, conjured an image in your mind, a dream of it, and felt an emotion. Think about that and what it means.
taniaaust1 wrote:maybe you should try to achieve this state throu meditation rather then throu dreaming as the subconscious mind may be too active while dreaming thou one could dream up their own version of it.. ahh and then it would be "we dream what we believe and believe what we dream". funny as that is what I said I didnt believe earlier.

It gets tricky doesn't it? I am aware of that in my response to your first question so I made it big, italics. This is quite the conundrum and perhaps there is no true answer for everybody... (which is individual belief yet again, so it can go in circles), but it has sparked an interesting topic.

I haven't even touched D.M.T. accounts and how they differ across cultures, so there is still more to discuss. Or I will just allow others to look into that and BELIEVE what they want, and let what they learn seep into their dreams. ;)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”