Is complete control over characters and environments common?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
QuestComplete

Is complete control over characters and environments common?

Postby QuestComplete » 25 Dec 2014 14:17

For most of my life, I've been able to control every aspect of my dream. I could control what the characters do around my while still controlling myself and could change the environment and its details instantly just by thinking about it. I started reading into lucid dreaming but couldn't find anyone else describing this sort of experience. Is this something any of you have heard of before?

MercyStrange

Re: Is complete control over characters and environments com

Postby MercyStrange » 25 Dec 2014 22:33

I personally wouldn't see this as common, especially if you were able to do this from the very start. Most beginners can't really control much, and most experienced lucid dreamers can control quite a bit. I personally am not a beginner, but I'm not quite experienced either. I can control a lot like changing the scenery and what not, but I can't control dream characters. In fact my dream characters are pretty unstable(They morph a lot and I can't seem to stop it from happening). Personally, it makes sense though. I mean, Lucid dreaming is simply being aware your in a dream, thus allowing you to access your subconscious and control the dream. It makes sense that you can control everything in it, when everything is... well basically inside your mind. I think your average lucid dreamer can only accomplish 100% control over everything after a whole lot of practice though, but I can only speak for myself and what I've read in my research. It's cool to hear how much control you have (: If you ever have time, could you maybe share some of your dreams?
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 26 Dec 2014 02:44

This is not common, but.. good for you!! :D
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Dec 2014 03:35

I'd find that really boring, what I love about LD is the unexpected things which happen and the challenges thrown at me of doing a LD challege.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

QuestComplete

Postby QuestComplete » 26 Dec 2014 18:49

The dreams I get generally flow on their own. I can control what the characters do if I want the dream to turn out a certain way though. And I don't have to control every move they make consciously. Most of the dreams I start with are new and interesting ones, so I usually don't change a huge amount of stuff. There are times I make up my own stuff too.

There are rare occasions I have a dream that I can't control anything in, but I can still feel stuff that happens to me. Does that make it lucid?

I might share some of my dreams later under the "Share Your Lucid Dreams" topic.

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 26 Dec 2014 23:44

If you know you're dreaming, then it's lucid, even if you an't control anything at that point. Being lucid in a dream is simply knowing your dreaming/being conscious/being aware within the dream. The control, etc., comes from that awareness, but either way it's still a lucid dream if you know your dreaming.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”