Couldn't fly to the right.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jamiealexander

Couldn't fly to the right.

Postby jamiealexander » 28 May 2012 22:23

Has this happened to anyone before?

It's the first time it has happened to me. I've had trouble flying before: being pulled of course or not being able to go high.

This was different though. I could fly fine, except for the fact that I couldn't turn to the right, lol. When I tried to fight against it I had the feeling like I was trying to push through a force field with powerful wind blowing in my face.

Hopefully it's away by tomorrow and it was a mental thing. Just curious :?: .

TomFH

Re: Couldn't fly to the right.

Postby TomFH » 04 Jun 2012 23:38

I've had something similar ~

I've had flying and telekinesis in dreams before and then lost the powers in the dream and then slowly regained them.

And when I "slowly regained them" it was really hard and I had to put a lot of effort in to just float for example.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Jun 2012 01:21

jamiealexander wrote:Has this happened to anyone before?
Hopefully it's away by tomorrow and it was a mental thing. Just curious :?: .

That would be my best guess too. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2012 05:27

I've hit 'force fields' before too. They are annoying, but must be a mental block of some sort. They are a mystery to me.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2012 23:28

Go 359 degrees to the left and you have gone to the right of you last position :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

siddle

Postby siddle » 07 Jun 2012 01:19

Noice! I thought of that too, Peter.
If you can't go right, go left until you can! :lol:

Yeah, this has happened to me too. Flying can be a bit frustrating..probably because it's so awe inspiring.
I've had problems turning a direction, though. Just as I've had issues with take off. I have been able to fly since my earliest lucid dreams....but only if I built lift. haha...yup. I had to catch air. That was around age 7. It took me about 18 more years to learn how to float (more embarassingly in the dream, I "remembered" how to float as if I always could....I say "embarassingly" because Max-Headroom was making fun of me at the time....meh, he was a significant dream image that day...so I'll allow it).

There have been times when I couldn't self-aviate without closing my eyes in the dream. Many times, I fly with no problem, but then keep accending and have a hard time coming back down (fear of landing....because it will hurt...even though I'm lucid...ok, then).
That's when I formed the postulate (or humble opinion) that lucid dreaming isn't so much in levels as it is configurations of conciousness. Sometimes, parts are missing or preocupied....and so, you can't fly to the right. :D
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”