Weird lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ILFlint

Weird lucidity

Postby ILFlint » 29 Dec 2014 01:50

On multiple occasions, i have had a dream that I awoke in and knew that I was dreaming (or thought I was), and each was exactly the same. I am in First Person and there is a photo album of sorts in front of me. All the pictures are in HD quality. The book starts flipping a couple pages a second with different people and places (hundreds of them), none of which I have ever seen before (knowingly). I try to gain control in the dream rather than just being an observer, and I immediately lose lucidity and wake up. Any ideas? Thought I'd throw it out. Thanks

taniaaust1

Re: Weird lucidity

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2014 03:47

As your awareness enters into the dream, ground yourself into it more by just being very involved in your dream.. eg look around you, pay attention, What do you hear? What you smell? How do you feel? What can you feel? Touch something in your dream.. eg run your hands long a wall or floor.

Dont really go trying to change anything in the dream until you have stabilized into it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ILFlint

Postby ILFlint » 04 Jan 2015 04:37

I appreciate your comment. No one on the forums, unfortunately, has been able to explain the photos, though. I suppose there is no definitive answer that anyone can give, seeing as it's some sort of subconscious expression.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jan 2015 20:30

What you describe is uncannily similar to something I experienced.

It happened several years ago and doesn't happen anymore, but when I was in a lucid dream and it faded and I relaxed with eyes closed, trying to continue dreaming, I saw images. They were very detailed, but of random objects and faces, much like photographs, but no album, just filling my vision. They rapidly flashed before my eyes, changing so quickly I couldn't keep up. (Sometimes they can even start to animate, but choppy, with a 'low frame rate").

I just continued watching, not knowing what would happen. Eventually the 'pictures' stopped. I was staring at a black and white photo of what appeared to be a convenience store window with newspapers covering the windows. Then it flashed into color for a second and back to black and white. Then it popped into color again and remained that way. It looked 2D, but I thought, why not turn around. Suddenly I realized I as back in my dream again and it was 3D now.

So if what you experience is anything like what I did, just sit back and watch the images. They will take you somewhere eventually. Ride it out and see where the images take you. Perhaps you are trying to control it prematurely which is waking you up.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

ILFlint

Postby ILFlint » 05 Jan 2015 02:05

Good to hear someone else with an experience very much like mine. And I agree, it probably was essentially the same thing. I'll try not to hold on so tightly next time. At the time, I was not actively working on my lucid dreaming, so hopefully I'll react more appropriately this time. Thanks.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 03:28

This has happened to me a lot of times half awake and sleeping. I have seen faces in these situations that I have not done in actual life. AND with detail as well. Most of the times, that kind of thing was waking me up and I always wondered where do I know this or the other person? The weirdest thing is that they seemed not with the same ethnicity as mine. :|

Nevertheless, you are not alone..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

ILFlint

Postby ILFlint » 06 Jan 2015 06:51

Thanks for that.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”