Light Levels in Dreams + (360 vision, energy bodies)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: Light Levels in Dreams

Postby Peter » 01 Jan 2015 22:18

I have several schools of thought on this. My preferred school of thought is that mater and energy are interchangeable so the body can be made energy and then turned back as needed.

I think they both exist at the same time but are in the same physical position during waking hours. The obe are the displacement of this energy body during dreaming. Its an interesting concept and part of it gels with me if you look at phantom limbs and the feelings and sense that they are still there that is reported. It seems this energy body may be the stronger of the two in some ways.

It also means that external energy sources like heat or light can be adsorbed and used as part of yourself when in a non-corporeal form. However, upon returning to the corporeal excess energy is released if not used to increase mass of shape

I absorb energy in the dreamspace and its getting more regular now. Either light or an object light rock will start to glow and vibrate and then turn to light with the next step being my arm starting to glow and heat up. This can spread to my complete energy body in the dream and leave an afterglow on waking for up to a day. Its an awesome experience and used to be spontaneous and really scare me but now I can call for it If I want to

The other school I prefer far less is that the body is a nursery for the conscious / unconscious mind which when capable of truly becoming one will no longer need a corporeal frame to support it.

I think that a lot but not sure about the being one part, theres a tricky bit of timing it that happens at death and how do you live without the body

Oddly this school of thought has also lead me to believe that there are other beings in this form far more evolved than us for some of whom we are food and for others we are servants of a type that they can indenture into a symbiotic relationship of sorts.

Yip might be some other forms, also I suspect there are other parts of us and the us we think exists is a puppet in a lot of ways.

The last school represents a more religious one where you die and the spirit / soul goes on. Please hold back the flying spaghetti monster comments or I'll put a beat down on a fat Buddha. :lol:

LOL - unspoken is spoken enough
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 01 Jan 2015 22:30

I am still trying to do more writing about some of my dreams concerning these ideas and while they will represent a work of fiction the hard part is producing a story and not just a history lesson full of singular events leading to the next one. My respect for authors like Isaac Asimov continues to grow as I struggle to even meet their lowest standards. :oops:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Jan 2015 23:45

Good discussion about the 'non-corporeal' way to lucid dream. I have never done that, so now I have 2 goals to work on. I have a picture now of what you mean, and as for the 360 degree vision I can almost imagine it, so I will work on that too.

I had another thought about vision in dreams. Our eyes have rods and cones: rods detect light/dark, and cones detect color. Our brains then make the images. In a dream, even though we are not seeing with our eyes, but projections from our brains, our brains are so use to using those rods and cones that sometimes dreams are mostly rods, light and dark, and other times they are mostly cones and the colors are vibrant.
That's my thought of the day.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

buildit

Postby buildit » 02 Jan 2015 00:04

HAGART wrote:I had another thought about vision in dreams. Our eyes have rods and cones: rods detect light/dark, and cones detect color. Our brains then make the images. In a dream, even though we are not seeing with our eyes, but projections from our brains, our brains are so use to using those rods and cones that sometimes dreams are mostly rods, light and dark, and other times they are mostly cones and the colors are vibrant.
That's my thought of the day.

Science / medical seems to still be determining the way our vision is routed to both the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. It seems reasonable to assume the subconscious mind, when in total control, represents the world as id interprets the data (black and white), while the conscious mind is presented with color images and deeper information when you are in control of the lucid dream the conscious mind "can" add colors and greater vividness to the images.
Oddly I have had some LD's where that was not totally true. Interesting idea though. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 02 Jan 2015 04:05

#1 My dreams and the members of my family who are lucid dreamers all have very realistic dreamscapes and can read in their dreams. On the very rare occasions when something is not completely realistic it's usually funny on another site a entered them in my dream journal.

#2 My disincarnate dreams are as pure consciousness, my vision is global until I focus on something (by global I mean in all directions at once; once I possess a dream character I'm limited to their normal human vision. I can move anywhere in the dreamscape and interact with it even without any form of body or in other words it's never like watching TV, though I have the TV watching LD too. I hardly ever leave the dreamscape, though can if I want too.

My OBE are usually incarnate ones though. I can say it's an energy body, more like a mist that has a weight and feel like water and can touch things or shape shift to anything and it's more like one has tendrils in all directions that one can touch things with.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Jan 2015 21:44

Interesting theory Buildit how part of our mind, the Id only sees, black or white, yes or no...
Taniaust1: Regardless of why light levels change or how, they certainly do affect the mood of a dream.
Snaggle: You must dream in a whole different way than me for my dreams are rarely realistic and more phantasmagoric. (love that word!) :D I do get some very realistic ones, but they are the minority of my dreams.

I was going to start a new thread about 360 degree vision, and 'non-corporeal' dreams, sharing my trials, but I don't want you guys to have to repeat yourselves there, so why not just go on a bit of a tangent here.

Last night, I attempted 360 degree vision. I had a dream body and remember Peter once telling me a trick he tried once. Hold out both your index fingers an arm's distance from your vision and then slowly move them apart to your peripheral vision and just keep going, trying to keep sight of them.

So that's what I did in my dream, and they got to the edge, but everything went blurry as I did so. I kept going a little bit more and almost felt like my vision was becoming lengthened and panoramic, but not quite sure. Anyway, I didn't want to lose the dream so I quickly stopped and started to grab and touch things and move my body to get back and stabilize the dream. So it didn't workout, but it's a start, and at least I actually remembered to try it.

Phantom limbs was brought up earlier too. When that dream faded suddenly, I remained still, laying on my back in bed, with eyes closed, to get back into a lucid dream. I began to feel like my body was swaying side to side as if in a hammock, getting higher and higher. I felt my two hands on my head, fingers on my forehead and thumbs on my cheeks, in a position of concentration. But at the same time, sensed my other arms resting by my sides. (laying on my back arms to the side). I wiggled my right fingers and they were the ones touching my head, so I knew I was already in the phase and was moving my 'phantom body', my 'dream body', or whatever you want to call it. The swinging got higher and higher and I floated around, bodiless for a while and then landed on the ground on one knee like a superhero and got up. I stumbled a bit and almost fell over but I managed to get out my bedroom door and it was stable after that.

As for the 'non-corporeal' dream, I can only imagine it's like simply moving your awareness and perception around only, much like the beginning of my "OBE-style entry" (However I was floating against my control much like laying back on a river and letting the water take you, and since I did have hands touching my face, it probably wouldn't be an 'energy body'.) Sometimes in a lucid dream I see something in the distance I want to walk to, but it's too far away, so I simply just 'zoom in' and suddenly I'm there. I can picture now, being in a highly vivid, 3D dream and simply moving my awareness around and looking around that way, and then travel as a 'floating perception'. It may or may not be what you guys mean, but it makes sense to me, and the same way I over-analyze light levels, I'm probably over thinking all of this too.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

buildit

Postby buildit » 02 Jan 2015 23:54

Seems like we need a "your experiences may vary" disclosure statement somewhere. :lol:

Global, 360, complete radial, all directions at once, it's basically the same thing. It can be done in a corporeal state but because I have such a literal attitude about my dreams my interpretation tries hard to meet scientific reason. So if I was standing outside and wanted 360 vision I find that first seeing the world as if it were represented two dimensionally helps (like seeing a map of the world instead of as a globe). Like seeing a giant flat screen TV which slowly starts wrapping itself around you. Hardest part for me is to fight the logic that my eyes are in front and can't follow the image as it wraps around me but if I do it slowly like looking at those 3d images where you have to let your vision relax to see the shapes in the photo, it happens despite the logic saying this can't happen. Weird, I have no issue with the logic of being able to fly. :lol:

Now becoming non corporeal. For me it started with experimenting with my physical size, like growing to 1000ft tall and then shrinking to a 1mm tall Lilliputian. I did it by imaging the spaces between my atoms were being added too or removed so my mass did not change but like having 200 lbs of gold vs 200 lbs of foam insulation the volume of space I occupied changed dramatically. So then the day came I pushed the limits of the space I could put between my atoms and I became like a mist or gas. From there I tried changing my mass for energy (E=MC2). It was easier than I could have imagined and oddly felt the same as being a gas or vapor. Greatest difference I realized over time was I could spread myself out further than ever before. The realization that my consciousness is present at all points of the energy which is me has been hard to explain. We locate out intelligence in our head, where our eyes are. But without eyes, the intelligence that is me seems to me everywhere. Imagine having your consciousness in your foot, hand, ass. Well, some might actually have a lot of experience with having their intelligence up their ars. :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Jan 2015 05:14

You know what, Buildit? Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. I'm ready to start trying some of this stuff out. No rush and it's just an ongoing LD goal for me now whenever I remember in the upcoming months.

I'll change the original title to include 360 degree vision and non-corporeal bodies, so it's all relevant and part of the discussion now if/when others want to add to that. Or just (360 vision, energy body) because it's shorter.

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Jan 2015 06:04

HAGART wrote:You know what, Buildit? Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. I'm ready to start trying some of this stuff out. No rush and it's just an ongoing LD goal for me now whenever I remember in the upcoming months.

I'll change the original title to include 360 degree vision and non-corporeal bodies, so it's all relevant and part of the discussion now if/when others want to add to that. Or just (360 vision, energy body) because it's shorter.

I hope it works. I'll be interested to hear the results and if you can compound the information and process.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”