I need a few answers from experienced people :)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ElisaTheDuck

I need a few answers from experienced people :)

Postby ElisaTheDuck » 02 Jan 2015 05:02

Hi, I learned about lucid dreaming four days ago, so I'm new to all this. I would have posted in the beginner forum, but I guessed that only beginners post there so I wouldn't get much help. So I researched tons of stuff about Lds and all the stuff about them. The past two nights before this last one, I couldn't remember any dreams, although I tried different ways to remember them. Then last night, I was trying to fall asleep normally because I wasn't in a rush to start trying to lucid dream (I've heard a couple of creepy things about sleep paralysis and stuff about OBEs). I was listening to normal music on my ipod and I was just about to go to sleep when the song changed from a relaxing one to one with more of a beat. All of a sudden, my body started buzzing and vibrating all over and I felt a numbing sensation start at my toes and slowly creep onto my feet. I was curious as well as scared (I had heard this was a sign of getting near sleep paralysis), so I decided to wait to see what would happen. I felt a floating sensation, as if every part of my body had disconnected and I was slowly rising up. At that point, my heart started to beat incredibly fast and I got really scared so I moved around and opened my eyes to stop it. It stopped, but I had trouble falling asleep after that because a tingling sensation was left behind and I was shaking. This is where my first question comes in: should I be afraid to try going further next time? And do I have a reason to be scared? I did eventually sleep, but I didn't have any dreams for the first part of the night. Then a couple of hours before my normal wake-up time, I started waking up randomly, but I was mostly asleep so I only remember wisps of it. I kept falling back into a dream where some strangers were trying to help me achieve lucidity somehow. Then, I sort of became aware I was dreaming, and I got super happy in my dream. But when I woke up, it felt like a normal dream; nothing special. I've read that beginners can sometimes dream about becoming lucid, but it doesn't actually happen, so I think it was that. I just want to know if there's a better way to control that because I have a lot of problems remembering dreams. They always seem really fuzzy and disoriented and extremely distant, and I thought if they're that bad, maybe my lucid dreams (once I get them) will be pretty bad too. I just need a little advice on these two things, especially about the first question. I'm actually terrified of getting sleep paralysis from what I've heard and also accidentally throwing myself into an OBE instead of a lucid dream. Thanks for any help you can give me. :)
Hi! I'm Elisa and I'm 15. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming, which I had never heard of before, so now I'm doing everything possible to learn how to lucid dream. I would love any helpful tips or pointers from people, so thanks. :)

The Wolverine

Re: I need a few answers from experienced people :)

Postby The Wolverine » 02 Jan 2015 20:39

No I wish I was in your position I havent had sleep parylisis in years when that happens stay calm and eventually the feeling will go away and you will transition right into a dream and become lucid. What happens is your mind is awake and your body is asleep. Oh the things I would do to have sleep parylisys. Next time just stay calm and eventually you will be in a lucid dream. Hope this helps

ElisaTheDuck

Postby ElisaTheDuck » 02 Jan 2015 20:47

Thanks for the feedback, but don't some people see demons and entities and weird stuff like that when they go into sleep paralysis? That's the only thing I'm really afraid of, so I go to bed listening to music so I won't be able to hear anything and I keep my eyes shut so I can't see anything. Thanks for answering though! (:
Hi! I'm Elisa and I'm 15. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming, which I had never heard of before, so now I'm doing everything possible to learn how to lucid dream. I would love any helpful tips or pointers from people, so thanks. :)

The Wolverine

Postby The Wolverine » 02 Jan 2015 20:50

If you think your gonna see "demons" or anything like that you will if you KNOW you wont you wont its all about what you believe good luck

ElisaTheDuck

Postby ElisaTheDuck » 02 Jan 2015 20:58

Okay thanks!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 02 Jan 2015 23:49

Make sure you keep a dream journal too, if you don't already. And as wolverine said, if you panic in sleep paralysis, you will see scary things, but if you keep calm and remember that what you see isn't real, then you will hopefully peacefully slip into a lucid dream!
Dreaming is my drug

ElisaTheDuck

Postby ElisaTheDuck » 03 Jan 2015 01:18

Thanks and yes I do keep a dream journal but it's quite empty because I just learned about lucid dreaming 5 days ago, but I will keep journaling.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jan 2015 03:10

I was listening to normal music on my ipod and I was just about to go to sleep when the song changed from a relaxing one to one with more of a beat. All of a sudden, my body started buzzing and vibrating all over and I felt a numbing sensation start at my toes and slowly creep onto my feet. I was curious as well as scared (I had heard this was a sign of getting near sleep paralysis), so I decided to wait to see what would happen. I felt a floating sensation, as if every part of my body had disconnected and I was slowly rising up. At that point, my heart started to beat incredibly fast and I got really scared so I moved around and opened my eyes to stop it. It stopped, but I had trouble falling asleep after that because a tingling sensation was left behind and I was shaking. This is where my first question comes in: should I be afraid to try going further next time?

You were already asleep and dreaming here. REM muscle atonia is cause by the release of two chemicals down your nervous system from the head, but your dreaming self often can't tell the difference between up and down, thus your hypnagogia of numbness spreading up from your toes.

You should not assume anything scary is going to happen unless it does.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”