Light and Darkness

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
chaosdragoon13

Light and Darkness

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 03 Jan 2015 10:29

Hello everybody I was wondering for a while now. Does the slightest bit of light in your room affect how you sleep and whether or not you will have vivid dreams? Even if it is light outside your room, does it affect your sleep and your dreams?

Does complete darkness make you have more vivid dreams and lets you sleep better?

StrawberrySnail

Re: Light and Darkness

Postby StrawberrySnail » 03 Jan 2015 10:56

I usually get LDs after waking up at night and falling back asleep. I sleep with the shutters up, so the only light in the room would be coming from the moon and stars.

One thing I´ve noticed though: Since it´s dark in awake world, it´s always nighttime in my LDs as well. Haven´t really figured out how to switch the sun on yet... :lol:
"There´s nothing to fear but fear itself." (Scarecrow)

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 03 Jan 2015 11:34

I see, well to be honest ever since i changed the area i sleep in to an area which is complete darkness I had better dreams. Its so dark that I cant even see my own arms, that way I can see nothing but my own dreams, at least I think thats how it works.

buildit

Postby buildit » 03 Jan 2015 20:11

Outside stimuli certainly does effect how I sleep and What is in my dreams. Like having the phone ring, my alarm going off or a radio/tv on will often interfere or add events to my dream. Light levels effect me the same way but I sleep in a very dark room now to avoid this.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 03 Jan 2015 20:48

So my theory is right?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”