No control in LD.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DesertExplorer

No control in LD.

Postby DesertExplorer » 03 Jan 2015 14:08

I tried and did it after a long pause only to see myself unable to fly or create anything. I spun thinking the place multiple times, but nothing.. Still in the same place getting teased by people I know for my weird behaviour (and no. that did not attract my attention at all I tell you) :(

I could fly, though for not too far and the only thing I did is getting out of my house trying to fly and then I fell down the road, feeling my heart damaged (it was painful for a moment). Then I flew where I came from with great difficulty and I tried to jump across the buildings, but this felt insecure after some seconds, so I quitted.

Any tips, please?? :?:
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

passingthrutime

Re: No control in LD.

Postby passingthrutime » 05 Jan 2015 18:07

Ithink this may have some relevance to something my friend said the other day. basically " can we really control dreams or are they programmed to play out in a scripted manner" I think sometimes if a dream has a message it cant be letting u just fly off or change the scene whenever u have a problem.

as for your flying and jumping troubles you cant be insecure , do a RC and prove your dreaming beyond any doubt, say "I'm dreaming and remember to maintain lucidity and self awareness
"Proof is in the pudding however, and we need to experience it for ourselves. But it's also like saying, 'If you don't know than I won't tell you!' I'm not here to prove that my opinion is right" -Hagart

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Jan 2015 01:11

You can't imagine how many RC I did before I try to jump! It felt very insecure for some reason. I actually thought I was awake!!
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

StrawberrySnail

Postby StrawberrySnail » 09 Jan 2015 14:45

This reminds me a bit of my problem with being unable to move at a normal pace... I often crawl through my dreams in slow motion...

Could your flying problem possibly be caused by some sort of mental block? I think that´s the problem I´m having with moving at a normal pace. It´s like I´m too aware of how I move, or like I´m almost expecting some difficulties with moving.

Maybe it´s like this with you as well, like you´re subconciously worrying about the flying not working out?

But how to overcome this...?
"There´s nothing to fear but fear itself." (Scarecrow)

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 17:18

Yes, you're actually right! I LD last night again and could not fly no matter how many times I tried! It is very difficult to make myself believing that I can actually do that again..

~David Gerrold

StrawberrySnail

Postby StrawberrySnail » 09 Jan 2015 22:27

Has it ever worked for you before, the flying? Like, could you do it perfectly and just lost the ability? Or has it always been difficult?

If you could do it at some point in the past, maybe you could hold onto that thought? As in, you could do it before, so why would there be a problem doing it again?

Maybe that could help lift the mental block...? Probably easier said then done. Same as everything. :roll:
"There´s nothing to fear but fear itself." (Scarecrow)

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 22:57

I was able to do it in the past, though I could not fly too far. I don't know what actually changed. :(

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 09:51

DesertExplorer wrote:I was able to do it in the past, though I could not fly too far. I don't know what actually changed. :(

Ignore following if you dont believe our life stuff affects our subconciousness which then manifest things in our dreams..

I can think of two things which may of happened here, either your life, an issue in it has got worst or you have a new issue (problem probably relating to relationship/s with either others or with yourself), hence you've gone from being able to fly a little in your dreams to not being able to fly at all.

The subconsciousness uses the symbol of flying to express when things are going great in life, so if things or something isnt going so great, people can suddenly have some issues with flying in dreams.

Or the fact you were only able to fly "a little" before has made you think or dwell a little bit on you having trouble flying in your dreams which in turn has then made this even harder to the point now you cant fly at all.

If your flying issues before have caused flying to became harder due to your thoughts on your past flying experience, I dont think at all thou that is the only issue as the symbolism of your dream (eg heart hurting, people mocking you) is indicating issues (life issues) so flying would be harder in your case due to that, possibly to the point where you cant fly.

Now sounds like it isnt a good time at all to try flying in your dreams. When your life is going better and smoother with less problems, try flying then and you may find it then easy.

I know you said you had no control in this dream but I think from what you've said, I think you had some eg you werent stuck in one spot and by the sounds of it you were able to move about by your own walking in the directions you wanted to go even you couldnt fly or manifest a place.

The place you were trying to get too. Im thinking the place you were aiming to go to was probably in conflict with your subconsciousness expression at that time. eg if you were trying to get to a "happy", "beautiful", "peaceful" place .. it would of been conflict to what your subconciousness was expressing at the time so much harder to get too (happy, peaceful or beautiful places, doesnt go with injured hearts, and not being able to fly).

Had you thou tried to manifest a different place in line with your subconscious expression, you may of found you could manifest that place eg say a hospital for example (re the injured heart and the symbols of things not being fine).

Your own subconscious expression was expressing strongly and the things you were trying to manifest were in complete "conflict" with what your subconsciousness wanted to express, so very hard to bring in that place you wanted to bring in or fly (or anything which would of been a symbol for peace, happiness or beautiful" I can predict the kinds of things you'd have trouble with manifesting with the symbolism you had).

Had you tried a different place which carried a different feel and meaning, your subconsciousness may of been quite happy to go along with it and obligue. It takes a ton more will power and focus to bring in things running against the subconscious.

Ignore all this if it isnt making sense to you.

rather then ending up thinking you cant go to another location. I suggest next time something like this occurs (eg any dream with injury or heart pain), try instead to manifest a hospital setting just to try to prove to yourself you do have control over your dreams (even if it isnt really where you are wanting to go. I think proving to yourself you can go somewhere at will is better then just quitting and feeling like you cant control any manifestations into your dreams).

Also when you spun to create to try to create a new environment. I assume you shut your eyes. If you didnt, you need to shut them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Jan 2015 20:22

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, Tania. This is clearly why I couldn't do anything. I guess our lives play a big role in our dreams. It makes sense I couldn't fly well.

I shut my eyes though. I even thought very clearly the place I wanted to go. And I got all this teasing by those people. It didn't attract my attention, but I felt somewhat embarrassed, I admit. I will try again tonight and see how it is going to be.

~David Gerrold

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”