Is this common?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Finch_Linus

Is this common?

Postby Finch_Linus » 04 Jan 2015 04:53

I often have dreams (non lucid) where I am watching a television series and the TV goes full screen sort of thing which means I am watching the TV show as a 3d realm, but without my body. This might mot be making sense, sorry! But what I'm trying to say is: my dreams make up new episodes of TV programmes that I watch and my physical world prior to watching the TV disappears and I become immersed into the TV. Is this common?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

alissa

Re: Is this common?

Postby alissa » 04 Jan 2015 15:53

If you watch a lot of tv, I would say it is common. Scientifically, one of the dream theories is called "information processing theory" and it basically consists of you processing information from the day. Occurrences from our lives often manifest in dreams, so it would make sense that a show you watch would appear in your dream (albeit slightly differently) because your brain needs to process it. And the fact that it goes "full screen" as you put it, dreams are often unrealistic, so that seems pretty typical. So, overall, I would say this is pretty normal and I'm sure others have experienced it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

Finch_Linus

Postby Finch_Linus » 15 Jan 2015 20:14

Thanks for your help.

(And when I say 'fullscreen', I mean I am not my body, I am like fully immersed in the TV show watching it)

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 16 Jan 2015 10:24

It's a very common dream type, though I like music videos more than tv shows ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 08:25

That probably wouldnt be uncommon.

I fell asleep watching a DVD but keep on waking up and watched bits and pieces before dozing again (couldnt be bothered getting up to turn DVD off). The next day I went to watch it again as I'd missed parts during the dozing.. only to find the parts I'd watched werent even on it :lol:

Another time I found myself as part of the DVD scenes (like as if I was a person in the movie).

You can have all kinds of experiences with movies.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”