Hypnagagic state?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MercyStrange

Hypnagagic state?

Postby MercyStrange » 05 Jan 2015 02:12

So, for the first time in awhile, I had this strange hallucination type thing. I woke up in the middle of the night, still half asleep. I lifted my head, so I could get more comfortable, and when I look at the wall, I see this orange blob on the wall. It freaked me out, so I ended up swatting my hand at it, and immediately became fully awake. I blinked, and it was gone. Was it just from being in a state of Hypnagogia perhaps? Or am i going crazy? It's not the first time things like this have happened. Once, the thing I saw when i woke up half asleep, was a horrifying face sticking out of the wall. Another time it was just flashes of color (like the orange blob). Every time, i'm practically half asleep, hardly even aware of where I am. I'm almost certain that's all it is, but maybe someone could verify that? Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks!
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

torakrubik

Re: Hypnagagic state?

Postby torakrubik » 05 Jan 2015 06:21

Sounds to me like heavy hypnopompia (which is hypnogogia's twin - the one you experience whilst waking up rather than falling asleep). You were probably in sleep paralysis for a few seconds upon wakening and were hallucinating. Nothing to worry about!
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jan 2015 10:40

Nothing more then an image one gets between the sleep and awake states. Very common.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 05 Jan 2015 15:34

Thanks for the answers. Glad to know it was normal!
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”