Meditation

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
coolius

Meditation

Postby coolius » 05 Jan 2015 22:46

A year ago I informed myself on methods of meditation. I tried one often in bed before going to sleep. It involves slowly clearing your mind from all thoughts and only focus on your breathing, untill all you think about is breathing. I have done this ever since when I cant fall asleep. Most of the time I just fall asleep, but sometimes (I think when I clear my mind but still try to stay awake) I get the feeling of falling and see blackness rushing towards me. The feeling stops after about 2 minutes and I feel normal again.

Is this some sort of lucid state, or is this just what most people call meditation? Has any of you ever had any similar experiences?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by coolius on 06 Jan 2015 23:51, edited 2 times in total.

DesertExplorer

Re: Mediation

Postby DesertExplorer » 05 Jan 2015 23:31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation

I'm sorry for that, but I thought it was necessary.

Well, I think that if it would just a lucid state, many people who try these meditation techniques would just exercise lucid dreaming. ;) Are we lucid dreamers wiser than they are?

So, no. This is not the same. Do you get the vibrations as well? I'm curious about that, cause I haven't tried it, yet and I'm thinking to do soon.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

coolius

Re: Mediation

Postby coolius » 06 Jan 2015 23:43

sorry about the error, I know the difference ;).

I do get some sort of buzzing feeling.

DesertExplorer

Re: Meditation

Postby DesertExplorer » 08 Jan 2015 14:03

Keep up the good work and let us know how you are progressing. I think you are doing good! :)
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”