At What Age Did You Start Having Lucid Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Barbara

At What Age Did You Start Having Lucid Dreams?

Postby Barbara » 10 Jan 2015 19:30

At what age did you start having Lucid Dreams? I'm just curious. :)

Barbara

buildit

Re: At What Age Did You Start Having Lucid Dreams?

Postby buildit » 10 Jan 2015 23:35

About 7 or 8 years old I think.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jan 2015 02:33

Five or six years of age. I described them to my mother as the "dreams that feel real," which was a naive way to put it because ordinary dreams feel like they are really happening when experienced by the clueless sleeper. But eventually I did explain to my family that I often knew I was dreaming when they were happening and that I could fly.

False awakenings were more regular though, and I was often pursued by strange albino men with strange eyes that seemed to see right through me. They had chilling smirks and looked like the characters on a typical deck of cards (king, queen, jack - that look). I believed they were objectively real, monsters that loved to torment me. (I have an idea of how Frederick van Eeden felt.)

And then out-of-bodies and floating occasionally. And my mother's spiritualistic beliefs were shared and provided a temporary explanation before I discovered science and really got into it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Barbara

Postby Barbara » 11 Jan 2015 17:09

When I was little I could often recognize when I was dreaming and I could wake up anytime I wanted, but I could never really control them before I was 15. And now I have problems with having LDs again and I am not sure why. :(

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 11 Jan 2015 20:57

I think six or seven years old. I was on a roof near my house, somehow I understood that I was dreaming and knowing that no harm would come out of it, I jumped down to the street. I woke up soon after, though I don't remember if I felt pain or not. I think that I didn't feel anything at all.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 13 Jan 2015 14:35

I got interested in lucid dreaming through the movie inception. I didnt know the name for lucid dreaming but that started my interest . Then i saw another movie about lucid dreams and then i found out about the whole lucid dreambthing. I was 22 or 23 when i had my first LD. Im 26 now

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 08:28

Im another which this wasnt natural too. I only started having my first LDs after I got into OBE and then later had some LDs. I would of been somewhere in my 20s or early 30s (as I was into OBE first for a long time).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jmebrown1011

Postby jmebrown1011 » 20 Jan 2015 22:30

Am starting to learn lucid dreaming. Am 15 :P :)
Last edited by jmebrown1011 on 22 Jan 2015 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
jbrown

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 21 Jan 2015 18:58

I started having lucid dreams when I have discover the movie Inception when I was 15 years old.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Jan 2015 19:38

I'd say it's a fair bet that most people pick up lucid dreaming around the ages 13-15. ;) If you know what I mean.
(I started at age 14.)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”