interactive dreaming (IV)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
buildit

interactive dreaming (IV)

Postby buildit » 28 Jan 2015 04:34

A reoccurring annoyance to some of us is the term Lucid dreaming being used to include controlling your dreams. I'd like to suggest the term "interactive dreaming" as a new term to define controlling your dreams. :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Re: interactive dreaming (IV)

Postby nesgirl » 28 Jan 2015 06:34

buildit wrote:A reoccurring annoyance to some of us is the term Lucid dreaming being used to include controlling your dreams. I'd like to suggest the term "interactive dreaming" as a new term to define controlling your dreams. :D

Uh no, there are just levels of mastery in Lucid Dreaming, like there are levels of mastery in any type of subject of learning you decide to take.
The very first level of Lucid Dreaming is the beginner's level. It is where many people start off at. At the beginner's level, no one has to be controlling their dreams at all. They just have to be aware it is a dream. Some people may struggle to keep lucid or they may not. At this level, all that counts is just being able to enjoy the Lucid Dream while you still can. At first when I was really young, I was unable to control my Lucid Dreams, however, just being able to curiously interact with my environment was enough at that age.

I didn't even attempt to learn to control my Lucid Dreams until a year after I learned how to do so. And I was learning how to control my Lucid Dreams back also at a really young age, mostly through the way I was playing my NES games, because I was barely opening up to only a few others at all (I had a huge anti-social issue at that age).
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Re: interactive dreaming (IV)

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 07:34

The term Lucid dreaming, it doesnt necessarily mean that one is able to control ones actions, it just means the person is aware enough to really consciously know themselves they are dreaming eg they are aware enough that they know they have another body which is in bed and that they are in their dream body. eg they are lucid. Hence the term "lucid dreaming".

Of cause nearly all who are having a lucid dream will be able to control "some" things in the dream and "usually" can (thou not always) control their dream body.

I cant see a need to change a well recognised and well known term just cause a very small percent of those who have a lucid dream (maybe 2-5%) dont have any control at all over their dream bodies.

Already the terms low level lucid dreaming and high level lucid dreaming, Ive heard being used.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”