Lucid?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
xboxspider

Lucid?

Postby xboxspider » 01 Feb 2015 03:07

I've been studying LDs for about a month and last night(January 30th/31st) I think I had my first lucid dream. In Disney World, many of you may know at the park "Epcot" there is a giant ball(Spaceship Earth) that is the icon of the park. If you don't know about it look it up ;) . I was in Epcot and many different "Spaceship Earths" started appearing. I remember thinking, "This must be a dream" and start gaining lucidity. I do a reality check and count my fingers and I have 7 fingers. I also have a weird design on my palm. I go around telling my family, "I'm dreaming!" They tell me to think of a place and see if I appear there. This is where is gets weird. I don't remember the place I thought of. I started becoming nauseated after I opened my eyes. Is this an effect of losing lucidity? I then stopped being lucid and appeared in another place, but never became lucid again. The reason I posted this in the general discussion area is because I'm wondering if I was actually lucid or not. I don't remember being exactly in control or the dream feeling super vivid, I just recall becoming conscious I was dreaming. Has anyone ever had nausea or been conscious their dreaming but not take control(I didn't know about spinning or rubbing your hands together before today)?
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Lucid Dreams: 6
Regular Dreams ∞+
Goal this year: 5 LDs

nesgirl

Re: Lucid?

Postby nesgirl » 01 Feb 2015 03:16

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 01 Feb 2015 03:28

Ok thanks for the info :D . I believed I was becoming excited and therefore, my sub-conscious was trying to wake me up and that's why I was becoming nauseous. Could it have also been me losing lucidity, like losing focus of everything?
"Turn around" I say to my friends. They turn around and see a beautiful sandy beach. They were stunned.
Regular Dreams ∞+

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 01 Feb 2015 03:40

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 01 Feb 2015 03:55

That sounds about right. On roller coasters, the feeling people get in their stomach Is horrible for me. So I guess I do have a sensitive stomach and I was nervous about waking up.
Regular Dreams ∞+

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Feb 2015 07:53

xboxspider wrote: I remember thinking, "This must be a dream" and start gaining lucidity. I do a reality check and count my fingers and I have 7 fingers. I also have a weird design on my palm. I go around telling my family, "I'm dreaming!" They tell me to think of a place and see if I appear there. This is where is gets weird. I don't remember the place I thought of. I started becoming nauseated after I opened my eyes. Is this an effect of losing lucidity? I then stopped being lucid and appeared in another place, but never became lucid again.

If you are aware you are dreaming, yes it is then a lucid dream (occassionally a person may just dream they are lucid but will usually know they werent if they have had a LD before, it really should feel and be like you are really there). It's the awareness which makes a dream a lucid one.

If your level of awareness is a bit low thou still aware you are dreaming, you may not be thinking well enough to want to take control over the dream but still be conscious in it that you are dreaming (or some consciously choose to go along with it, I do that at times if I want to deepen a LD or just for interest at times).

Did YOU choose to do the reality check? or did you just dream of doing the reality check? If you choose to do the reality check it shows it wasnt just dreaming about being lucid but actually being lucid and making choices for yourself. So one can then say you were in control of that part of the dream, you choose your action.

You may not remember the place you were thinking of, due to being a low level of being lucid and you may of been loosing the lucid state during this dream (its likely), so when your waking consciousness dropped out, you may not remember that part. Dropping out of LDs or coming in and out, means it would of been a good idea to have done some dream stabilization had you been thinking clearer.

The opening the eyes part, there is a strong possibility at that point you were in a false awakening (and at that point could of probably had a very vivid LD if you had realised you were in a dream still) but you instead probably thought it was your real eyes opening. Did you do a reality check when you opened your eyes? (It would of been very good idea to have done so).

Always reality check when you think you wake up. Your nausea I think was another part of the dream... You then stopped being lucid (as you hadnt realised you were still dreaming and vividly and hence the dream then just went its own way and you lost awareness again).

:) I see a lot of confusion in your experience, novice mistakes... not aware when you are loosing the LD state. not aware that you needed to do dream stabilizaion, not aware when you were still in the dream thinking you are awake (false awakening) then going back to unawareness.. It probably didnt help at all it was a low level lucid dream at first and then you missed your chance when it went vivid and could of got in good control of it, but missed it as you thought you were awake.

The best advice I think I could give you over this experience is REALITY CHECK when you open your eyes so you dont miss having a vivid LD. (false awakenings cause many missed chances).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

xboxspider

Postby xboxspider » 01 Feb 2015 18:12

Thanks! I'll definitely do this the next time I have a LD.
Regular Dreams ∞+

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”