Not able to dreambecause of medicine?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
joethebro

Not able to dreambecause of medicine?

Postby joethebro » 11 Feb 2015 03:43

I have not had a dream for a long while, all I have had are periods of blackness, and I wake up tired. I am on medication for attention, depression, allergies, and sleep medication for the attention medicone. I think this causes me to stop REM sleep or stop dreaming. Is that the cause. If so, is there a way for me to somehow keep dreaming with my medication.

TheDude

Re: Not able to dreambecause of medicine?

Postby TheDude » 25 Feb 2015 20:53

I'm not so sure that the medicine is causing you to stop dreaming. I have and still am to an extent dealt with this problem. I would wake up and try to remember my dream but I could only remember staring at the back of my eye lids. The way I have found to be most effective in dealing with this is just to think about remembering your dreams during the day and before bed.

I'll normally concentrate on remembering my dreams while I'm falling asleep. Also repeating the phrase: "I will remember my dreams" either out loud or in your head should help as well.

Dream journals are another thing that have helped me with my dream recall. When you wake up, immediately write down your dreams in as much detail as possible; even if you have to go to extremes (like say, If you were looking at a computer monitor try to remember if there were any marks on the screen from pencils and things).

Hope this helps!! :)
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”