Steve Pavlina on Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Steve Pavlina on Lucid Dreaming

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jun 2011 05:45

In case you don't know, Steve Pavlina is a prolific personal development blogger and a lucid dreamer, among many other things. He's also well known for his polyphasic sleep experiments.

Steve has blogged quite a lot on lucid dreaming and I just wanted to share one of his posts I found today, called Lucid Dreaming: Studying a Maple Tree.
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/12/lucid-dreaming-studying-a-maple-tree/

I like how he draws conclusions on the nature of waking reality based on his experience of the lucid dream world. Kinda makes me feel like there is a dual reality going on. His philosophy certainly makes for an interesting thought experiment...

As Einstein once said: "Reality is merely an illusion... albeit a persistent one."

luckee

Re: Steve Pavlina on Lucid Dreaming

Postby luckee » 11 Jun 2011 01:14

Rebecca wrote:In case you don't know, Steve Pavlina is a prolific personal development blogger and a lucid dreamer, among many other things. He's also well known for his polyphasic sleep experiments.

Steve has blogged quite a lot on lucid dreaming and I just wanted to share one of his posts I found today, called Lucid Dreaming: Studying a Maple Tree.
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/12/lucid-dreaming-studying-a-maple-tree/

I like how he draws conclusions on the nature of waking reality based on his experience of the lucid dream world. Kinda makes me feel like there is a dual reality going on. His philosophy certainly makes for an interesting thought experiment...

As Einstein once said: "Reality is merely an illusion... albeit a persistent one."

Sure. Reality is ever changing, holding fast to one specific idea only leads to dissappointment. Even Einstein made the mistake, thinking his discovery would ONLY bring good on the planet only to be dissappointed by the fact that it allowed the developement of nuclear bombs.

We should learn to observe without judgement, and sense without thought. Become tranquil like nature and raise the value of every single experience, to draw from every single unit of experience infinitely... then we will notice the subtle illusions in our perceptions.

I describe the art of dream yoga as "perceiving perceptions" thats what I try to do all day long, and I naturally do in my dreams aswell when I do it during the day. It does require alot of time and memory to keep reminding yourself you have to become lucid during the day aswell. We cannot expect to become lucid during night if we sleep during day...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”