pulled from the dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
torakrubik

pulled from the dream

Postby torakrubik » 06 Jun 2012 12:08

In an LD last night, i didn't stabilize the dream properly. What happened next was strange- rather than the dream dissolving around me, i looked at my arm and was shocked to see bullet-like holes appearing and expanding there. It was almost as if i was disappearing from the dream, rather than the other way around. To me, this implies the dreamworld is a tangible, real dimension. Perhaps when the dream starts to go blurry in other cases this is simply our senses failing one by one as we are pulled back to WR. What do you guys think?
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Re: pulled from the dream

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2012 23:25

If it happens again try spinning around eyes closed and asking for a new dream. It sounds like a loss of stability although I can recall it taking that form for me, did you get a color washout as well while this was going on
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

siddle

Postby siddle » 07 Jun 2012 16:06

torakrubik,

Have you ever done research into the works of David Bohm? If not, I think you would like his theories on the implicate and explitive orders. I would start with the book, "Wholeness and the Implicate Order".
Bohm questioned the very nature of reality.
I did as well, until I lived an entire life in a dream......now I question it even more.

So, yes, I believe the dreamworlds can be quite tangible....because I question what consciousness is rooted in to begin with. I've heard the argument, "Yes, but THIS is reality because you can pick stuff up and feel pain". True, but I can in dreams as well. Mostly, to a degree that outweighs sensory perception in reality. Something I can't just discount.
(But I think quoting the properties of matter isn't that great of a litmus test for reality to begin with...haha)
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 07 Jun 2012 23:10

Peter - yes the colour began to drain from the dream, as if it was faded and not as brilliant as it was.

siddle - thanks for the advice, i'll be sure to look into his research :)
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2012 00:52

could be a loss of stability, I get that at times near the end of a dream. It will just fade to sort of black or white and then melt away and the dream is over. For me it will be at the end of a longish one so I just go with it and get back to sleep
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”