Have you ever been REALLY TIRED in a DREAM?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Have you ever been REALLY TIRED in a DREAM?

Postby HAGART » 07 Jun 2012 05:15

The other day I couldn't sleep. I stayed up late and decided to try something new...

First let me explain my sleep habits. I almost always wake up in the middle of the night around 4:00 and then go back to sleep. I get a restorative sleep first, during which I almost never dream at all or if I do, it is just my mind mulling about things. Then I wake up, get a glass of water or something and go back to sleep within 30 minutes or so and that's when I dream whether lucid or not.

So this time I decided to just stay awake until 4:00 and then go to sleep and skip the restorative sleep. My body is a creature of habit and I was pretty sure I would just go straight to the dream cycle of sleep... and I did.

I had a lot of crazy imagery when I closed my eyes and without me knowing I was asleep. I did however start to become lucid at one point, but I didn't want to change anything or even think for that matter. My conscious mind was exhausted. I didn't want to think anymore I just wanted to sleep. The last dream of the night, (or morning really), I dreamed that I was so tired and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I could barely get up and walk. When I awoke, I felt more awake in real life than I did when I was sleeping!

I think I understand the purpose of restorative sleep for me and the reason why I don't dream or barely remember it. It is because my conscious mind is asleep. Then in REM, my conscious mind can sometimes awaken and get lucid dreams. I'm just a layman and don't read any books about the subject, but that's what I think.

I've had other dreams before in which I can barely stand and all I want to do is lay down and sleep, and some of them are actually lucid. My dream body just wants to sleep sometimes.....

Has this ever happened to you?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

7gatesofdrmg

Re: Have you ever been REALLY TIRED in a DREAM?

Postby 7gatesofdrmg » 11 Jun 2012 02:33

Yes, i sort of equate this to feeling my physical body while I'm lucid and dreaming...I think its a good sign that your dreaming awareness is increasing. Essentially you are two places at once.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jun 2012 05:17

Two places at once... I agree.
Sometimes I wake up in bed and look around and notice something is amiss and realize it is just a false awakening. But standing up and walking around in this dream state can be very hard sometimes. I just feel like collapsing and going back to sleep. And if I do I just sink into the carpet and find myself somewhere else. I think it is the part of the mind telling me to go back to sleep conflicting with the awoken dream mind. (or something like that). I think I should read more about the subject because as G.I. Joe always said, "knowing is half the battle." What did COBRA ever say?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Jun 2012 20:04

Yes. It's almost impossible to open your eyes.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”