Are your lucid dreams tiring?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Not at all - they make me feel alive.
79%
Yeah somewhat / sometimes - mostly physically.
7%
Yeah somewhat / sometimes - mostly mentally.
3%
Absolutely - it's like I've barely slept.
10%

Total votes: 29

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 Jun 2015 04:14

I get this question a lot from beginners.

My personal answer is hell no, it's an adrenaline buzz. I feel on top of the world after a lucid dream.

But what about you? Do you wake up feeling physically or mentally drained? Let's take a poll.

It's worth noting below if you're a "perma-lucid dreamer" - someone who is fully lucid in all their dreams. There's something special going on there, and I'd like to learn more about it.

Summerlander

Re: Are your lucid dreams tiring?

Postby Summerlander » 29 Jun 2015 16:13

I usually wake up invigorated from them and can often feel (and sometimes think I hear) my brain buzzing. They really make me happy! Even if the lucid dream has been long-lived and lucidity has been quite strong, I never wake up tired from such state. But if there are lucid dreamers who wake up tired, I would certainly like to know why.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Indoril Nerevar

Postby Indoril Nerevar » 30 Jun 2015 03:12

I would say that as far as I know, the non-lucid ones do at some degree tire me for some reason. Idk though, I just wake up feeling really tired after the dream. If it helps, I do get them more frequently if I pass out while meditating after some five minutes or so and that I do this after four hours of sleep.

The lucid ones do not really tire me because it's like that feeling of being awake for too long when you have purposely skipped a whole night's sleep because you don't really feel sleepy and are awake for two days in a row and as a result you might go to sleep a few hours early the next day, like doing too much work with your brain in one waking conscious reality time kind of thing...
- - - - "A journey of a thousand steps begins with a single one"

Dreams: INFINITE
Recorded Dreams: 52
Lucid Dreams: 14 ...Hush, I'm just starting out :P
Non-WBTB: 2
Meditation Limit: 20 minutes till too bored.

blaxroze

Postby blaxroze » 29 Dec 2015 04:54

I found out this forum when I search about what is the meaning of my dream.
I dont know about this before, but I am tired after dreaming.
The description is a little bit more like my dream. But when you said that it is not tiring, I think mine is not lucid.
When I dream, I am more powerful, I can think, I can recognized people face and remember them, I can stop or just continue my dream, even after I startled and wake up 3 times, I accidentally have the same dream 3-4 times with 1 year different and the dream is continuing. I can communicate with the poeple in my dream too.
Maybe I dream like this since I was 12 yo, I dont remember, because I think its normal. But every day and every year, It became more clear and more intense. Sometimes when I walk pass a place, I confused, Its like I ever experience this. the same place, the same position, the same people and the same time. like a dejavu.
When I told my friend, the said that they dont dream like me. They never remember the face or the people.
Is it weird?
Sorry for my bad english.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 30 Dec 2015 11:09

Of cause not. When I wake up after a lucid dream, I'm so happy and so full of energy. It is like a +1 lucid dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 30 Dec 2015 21:07

Rebecca wrote:It's worth noting below if you're a "perma-lucid dreamer" - someone who is fully lucid in all their dreams. There's something special going on there, and I'd like to learn more about it.

Not sure whether or not I count as a "perma-lucid dreamer", but I've been an oneironaut for about 28 years and average somewhere between 16 and 30 lucid dreams each month.

Whether or not I become lucid in my dreams is ~90% whether or not I want to become lucid, and ~10% how sleep deprived I might be. If I'm so tired that I pass out right when my head meets my pillow, then I'm not likely to become lucid during my dreams that night.

Sometimes, I'll become lucid during dreams when I don't specifically want to be lucid, and it's easy enough to turn the lucidity off if that happens. Tho normally, if I don't want to become lucid but do anyway I'll just ride it out and enjoy it, not caring about holding onto the lucidity.

So I don't know if I classify as a "perma-lucid dreamer", but I've only ever met a couple dozen others over the years that lucid dream as often as I do, so perhaps I am... ?

If there's anything you (or anyone else) would like to know, please feel free to ask; either here, or in an email to me if you want it to be more private. 8-)

Cheers!
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

gohms12

Postby gohms12 » 01 Jan 2017 18:35

I first found out what my activity in my dreams were in high school psychology class and ever since have researched the topic. I have been lucid dreaming literally every night since I was 17 years old. Through my research I have found that that age is a little later than most, but still fits the norm. I wake up every morning feeling so tired and worn out and couldn't figure out why until I started researching perma-lucid dreaming. Only a few fit this category and I happen to be one. I really want to know more about why I feel so tired and why I lucid dream every night. I go to sleep wanting to feel rested, but no matter the way I fall asleep, I have dreams where I can control everything I do and feel awake throughout the night, only time goes a lot faster. If there were opportunities for testing and observations I would be more than willing to do them because I want to know if I will ever feel fully rested again!

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 02 Jan 2017 02:54

You might be emotionally drained. You might need a sleep study to diagnose whether you have uninterrupted sleep and normal cycles. A sleep study will determine/rule out any problems other than emotional.

Lucid_Emo

Postby Lucid_Emo » 04 Jan 2017 00:08

Nope, they've never been tiring. I find hat kind of strange, since your mind is conscious in your sleep. Wouldn't that deprive you of unconscious sleep?

My lucid dreams are actually the opposite of tiring. I have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings but it's actually easier after I lucid dreamed, probably because I feel as if I've been awake for a long time.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 17:26

The LD itself makes me feel amazingly energized. However, sometimes I just can't fall back to sleep after I have the LD and get up to write my notes. So depending on when I wake up from the dream, I may end up tired later that morning. But it is worth it. :-)
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”