Would it be possible?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jeraik

Would it be possible?

Postby Jeraik » 27 Jun 2012 06:24

If you were to ask your subconsciousness to always inform you once you drop into a dream, would that work? As in, every time you were to dream, your subconsciousness would force you to push two of your fingers into your palm, or a similar reality check, would it work? Or if you asked it to just cause you to know that you were dreaming every time you dreamt?
If that were possible, one would be able to decide every night if one wanted to have a lucid dream. Does our body prevent this? Will our subconsciousness reject the request?

Peter

Re: Would it be possible?

Postby Peter » 27 Jun 2012 09:54

I think it would be great and that is what we are aiming for, how would you go about getting your SC informed of the goal ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jeraik

Postby Jeraik » 28 Jun 2012 08:13

Peter wrote:I think it would be great and that is what we are aiming for, how would you go about getting your SC informed of the goal ?

That is a very good question. Would it be possible to just command your subconsciousness, or do we have to go deeper(No reference intended)? Could we train our subconsciousness? As in simulate the events of entering a dream scene, but add our own check each time? Maybe it would become habitual whenever we rendered surroundings in our dream for us to force a check? I'll try this next time I have a lucid dream.

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 28 Jun 2012 15:59

maybe if you were hypnotised by a profesional hypnotist
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 29 Jun 2012 03:54

Jeraik wrote:If you were to ask your subconsciousness to always inform you once you drop into a dream, would that work? As in, every time you were to dream, your subconsciousness would force you to push two of your fingers into your palm, or a similar reality check, would it work? Or if you asked it to just cause you to know that you were dreaming every time you dreamt?
If that were possible, one would be able to decide every night if one wanted to have a lucid dream. Does our body prevent this? Will our subconsciousness reject the request?

Do so as a command while you're falling asleep at night. It's called programming your subconscious mind.
I've done it many times, and it's worked probably 1 in 3 times I've tried it. The tip is to learn to place your Intent strongly while doing it. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 30 Jun 2012 23:20

I read somewhere that even with post hypnotic suggestion it is not very successful. Makes me think something else in play. But as others said, thats the goal basically. Some seem better than others at training the brain to make you lucid. I notice many times when I try to set intent I see a lot more obvious dream signs, like my subconscious is TRYING to help me, but I still blow it (miss it) still too often. But I am still hopeful.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”