WILD/OBE M Raduga and Phase

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RobertForsythe

Re: WILD/OBE M Raduga and Phase

Postby RobertForsythe » 21 Feb 2016 05:53

Many of the sacred places have power words or entry codes to use to get in. .. and then you just need to hope you have the right energy to get in. That place and those "lords" beings held all knowledge. I haven't been back as it isn't a place you mess with.

Absolutely!
I have been to places like that and I have (long story short -- said magic words and gained entry) enough experience to know that you, Tania, say things here that reveal to me that you didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

Robert.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Feb 2016 10:08

RobertForsythe wrote:
Many of the sacred places have power words or entry codes to use to get in. .. and then you just need to hope you have the right energy to get in. That place and those "lords" beings held all knowledge. I haven't been back as it isn't a place you mess with.

Absolutely!
I have been to places like that and I have (long story short -- said magic words and gained entry) enough experience to know that you, Tania, say things here that reveal to me that you didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

Robert.

:D Im always glad to meet people who dont think Im off planet (looney) lol . Nice to meet you too.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Feb 2016 12:06

I'm going to be as pertinent as I can be with this topic: Michael Raduga would strongly disagree. (And ThePurple is the wisest contributor here who posts free of confirmation bias.) :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 27 Feb 2016 04:40

Well, I'm not completely free of confirmation bias, but after realizing how much of life I've missed out on because of it, I certainly made an effort to reduce its influence.

What I've yet to work out is, in trying to help others circumnavigate it, whether it is more effective to respond point by point, or put out general ideas with appealing hooks and gentle nudges. Unfortunately, what prevents the latter from eliciting knee-jerk reactions also makes it easy to just leave unanswered.

I admit that when I first posted here I had not read any of Michael Raduga's work; the look of obe4u, even the term 'The Phase' has a certain flaky feel that turned me off. I'm glad I gave it a chance, as the content is quite robust.

I'd be interested in a discussion based on Raduga's contributions, but this topic was in fact asking side questions about the nature of OBEs. My simplified understanding in this regard is that the details of any given experience are a direct reflection of the expectations and unknown knowledge with which one enters.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 27 Feb 2016 23:19

Raduga is as pragmatic as they come. No nonsense about astral planes or non-physical realms as certain charlatans and pseudo-scientists out there try to peddle. Monroe, Bruce, Campbell ... they are all full of shit! :mrgreen:

Campbell,in particular, is the worst and most dangerous. He's managed to create a New Age cult with an aversion to science with his TOE. His book is not a theory, it is a fallacious hypothesis sprinkled with mysticism and lies about the contexs in which certain scientific quotes were uttered. Me and my friend Claudio used to be friends with Campbell a long time ago and talked to him on a Facebook group about dreams. When we confronted him about his trilogy's inconsistencies and asked him to explain himself he was very rude, evasive, and accused us of being close-minded. His idol, Monroe was, as someone ince put it in a now defunct website, just another 'money-grabbing whore'. :-D

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 28 Feb 2016 01:18

I am pretty uneducated regarding what others have to say about lucidity (beyond technique) so I don't know who any of these people are. (I assume you're not referring to Joseph Campbell... ;) )

I think I've been afraid to pick up any writings on the subject because I know too well how the story goes. Any thing observed primarily as a private experience gets snatched up by those who confuse its position near the edge of our understanding due to lack of high-profile research with proof that it is something outside the world as described by science; i.e. supernatural. Of course, once framed in this way, logical investigation becomes much more difficult to pursue respectably.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 28 Feb 2016 10:13

I'm referring to Thomas Campbell, the physicist who used to work for NASA and was assigned to study Robert Monroe back in the '70s when he first started having OBEs. Google him as he's on Wikipedia. We tried to be as open-minded as we could with him but he continued to be evasive and defensive. One wonders how he and Monroe could be so sure that OBEs are evidence for an afterlife when neuroscience suggests the opposite is true. (Mental faculties can be disrupted through brain manipulation and consciousness itself can be turned off cerebrally.)

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 29 Feb 2016 00:27

...oh jeez :(

As curious as I am, I think I'll not be reading his TOE anytime soon... got anything that won't piss me off?

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 29 Feb 2016 00:39

On lucid dreaming? Stick with LaBerge, Raduga, Celia Green and others of the truly scientific ilk. If you like philosophical books about the mind and meditation then definitely try Sam Harris's Waking Up.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 29 Feb 2016 22:47

Lucid dreaming or consciousness more broadly, yes. I'd heard of this book of Harris' but a combination of mixed feelings about his writing style and that damn word "spirituality" kept me from finding out what it was really about... sounds good, though. The others, too, danke!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”