Senses & Feelings, Mind & Thinking.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
[Lucid] Maxda

Senses & Feelings, Mind & Thinking.

Postby [Lucid] Maxda » 25 Feb 2016 23:18

Hey, I'm just curious about some things.

1. Do you have all senses?
- Touch
- Smell
- Sight
- Earing
- Taste

2. How much time can a dream feels like?
EXAMPLE : I'm in the dream for six real hours, how long does it feel? Can it feels like years?

3. Can you spawn / make something and use it?

4. How does lucid dreaming senses compare to real senses?

ThePurple

Re: Senses & Feelings, Mind & Thinking.

Postby ThePurple » 27 Feb 2016 22:34

1. Yes, though they do occasionally disappear, especially when starting out.

2. I've never timed it, but I don't think I've ever felt it's been more than twice as long in the dream as has passed in real life. (Also, 6 hours of continuous dreaming is unlikely; they're called sleep cycles, after all.) Some, including this site's creator, say they've experienced a dream that feels like years. However, it's unclear to me whether one is experiencing every minute fully or is just able to jump forward.

3. Yep.

4. In early LDs, the senses can feel a bit duller but, with practice, many find their dream worlds to be "more real" than reality.

Harry Potter

Re: Senses & Feelings, Mind & Thinking.

Postby Harry Potter » 27 Feb 2016 22:44

1. Yes, definitely. You do have to be mindful of them though, to experience them fully. you don't get clarity without working on it.

2. Never experienced time dilation in dreams. Many people claim that it's possible, and I'd love to give it a go.

3. Yes, of course. There are plenty of tutorial on this around here,

4. Without much actual sensory input, your mind can devote its entire energy to your dream senses. This allows for the senses in the dream to feel just as real as in real life.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”