New at trying to LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
satopnek

New at trying to LD

Postby satopnek » 04 Jul 2012 00:30

Hi, I have had several spontaneous lucid dreams over the years. Sometimes for some unknown reason I just come to the realization that I am dreaming. I always instantly become lucid when talking to someone I know has died. Every time I become lucid I have very good dream control although I think I tend to overdo things and sometimes wake up. When I say overdo, I mean I will do things like wave my hands from right to left to change the scene. This jars me awake each time but for some reason I always try huge things once I become lucid. Will I get better at this or are there ways to try not to be jarred awake?

I have decided I would like to have more LDs (I have maybe one a year). I have been doing reality checks daily. Recently I had a series of false awakenings during the last one is the batch I did actually attempt a reality check but it failed, after which I woke up.

My dream recall has been weak over the years. My first goal on my path to LDs is to develop my dream recall; I have not yet started a dream journal but I hope to soon. Mostly my to improve my recall I have been using supplements to raise my serotonin. I wake now each morning and can recall one or two dreams.

I am big into vitamins and supplements for various factors in my life. Is there anything bad about looking to supplements to aid my LD goals? Am I ahead of the game because I have already become spontaneously lucid?

SGraham

Re: New at trying to LD

Postby SGraham » 04 Jul 2012 04:02

No i wouldn't say there is anything wrong with using supplements for Lucid dreaming . vitamins are generaly pretty hard to OD on if not baisicly impossible. i myself use Choline and vitamin B-6
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 05 Jul 2012 00:36

I seem to recall some concerns with b6 and the liver so I would do a little research. But you can learn to LD without them. I suspect most good LDers do it natural. but hey, each to his own. Early on I tried b6 as a shortcut but didnt help. Focusing on the fundamentals is probably more productive.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 07 Jul 2012 12:54

I did some research on B6 and liver damage. From what I can tell liver damage is not a widely report (if at all) side effect of high doses of B6. The site link below has a bit of information with references.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB6-HealthProfessional/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”