Writing Dreams vs Recording

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Mrs. Hiddleston

Writing Dreams vs Recording

Postby Mrs. Hiddleston » 13 Mar 2016 04:29

Hi everyone! I desperately need a question answered, please!

Would writing down or recording my dreams on my voice recorder be better? When it comes to waking up and remembering my dreams (I tend to remember a LOT of details, like my dreams are literally so vivid that it's like real life, which is odd because you usually only hear of that kind of vividness in lucid dreams, but these dreams aren't lucid! I'm trying to learn how to LD), it can get very bothersome and time consuming writing them down, as it takes at least 2 pages front and back to describe just one dream and get all the symbols and important details down. So I guess my initial question would be: would recoding my dreams via voice recorder be okay or would it be better to write them down?

Thanks!!

Harry Potter

Re: Writing Dreams vs Recording

Postby Harry Potter » 13 Mar 2016 20:55

I think in the end it is up to you. Personally, I find that writing by hand helps with recall, and helps solidify the memories. I know some people, though, swear by recording them on their phone vocally or something.

Another advantage to writing by hand is the easy ability to go back and look at your dreams. It is much easier to flip through the pages in a notebook than it is to listen to your own voice for minutes at a time.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 14 Mar 2016 00:19

For me, it is much more convenient to have a voice recording of my dream because I have to get ready for school in the morning. Then when I have the time, I listen to the recording and right it down in my journal.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Mar 2016 07:36

I write them down and may record if I want to share on some sites. Writing down does for me tend to create better links to the dream and is good for making me think about it in more detail
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”