To what extent can dreams impact psychologically?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
FPConEcho

To what extent can dreams impact psychologically?

Postby FPConEcho » 12 Jun 2011 20:17

In one dream I had, an unknown figure in a suit was trying to inject someone who was in severe distress with some sort of drug to help him, which some how I knew the drug would have killed the person. The awkward creepy part about the dream is that the person was me. I tried shielding the individual, but was held back by two other unknown figures in suits. The individual was injected, promptly became emotionless, pulled out a gun and immediately blew his own head off. Since I had witnessed what had happened, the unknown figure that performed the injection pulled out a gun and shot me point blank. The bullet clipped my head and I collapsed to the ground dieing.

I immediately woke up with a segment of my left hemisphere numb and it started tingling like how it feels when your leg falls asleep. Ever since this dream, I've noticed I have zero fears and never get excited. It is like I never get adrenaline. Likewise, I'm almost always happy and am the eternal optimist. My personality has been impacted in such a way, that people have commented on how I'm different than when they first met me over a year ago and that I've changed. I used to be shy, but now I am completely unrestrained and charismatic.

I know there have been instances where people sometimes have life experiences, dreams or otherwise, and it completely changes them where they do a complete one-eighty degree turn in life.

Can an individual be psychologically impacted to such a great extent by a seemingly random dream?

Peter

Re: To what extent can dreams impact psychologically?

Postby Peter » 12 Jun 2011 20:56

you were so the answer is yes you can. Had heaps of those dreams and have found that if I get shot, killed or crash a car and die it becomes the entrance to another dream or If I have no fear of being shot the dream charactors just melt away or smile and we have a chat.
Think that some dreams should be life enhancing but not life changing. Bit to much swinging around and placing to much meaning on the dream. its just a dream
Last thought, if you were NOT lucid you will feel more like a victim and less control over the scene

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 16 Jun 2011 04:03

Yes, it can happen. I've known some people who have totally changed their lives around because of a dream. I mean total one-eighties, ya know, like a new person. So, although dreams like that are probably not the norm, it can definitely happen, as it seemingly has for you.

So, it sounds like you're glad it happened. It has made you happier. Is that right?

FPConEcho

Postby FPConEcho » 20 Jun 2011 19:11

Jonathan wrote:Yes, it can happen. I've known some people who have totally changed their lives around because of a dream. I mean total one-eighties, ya know, like a new person. So, although dreams like that are probably not the norm, it can definitely happen, as it seemingly has for you.

So, it sounds like you're glad it happened. It has made you happier. Is that right?

Being glad it happened is a double edged sword. The reason being because it makes it more difficult to relate to other people when you don't fear or aren't prone to sadness like the average person. Likewise, due to my positivism, I am able to naturally inspire those in proximity, which dampens their fear and/or sadness.

It is an interesting oddity, which it is almost like I'm metaphorically a black-hole absorbing their fear and sadness.

FPConEcho

Postby FPConEcho » 20 Jun 2011 19:12

FPConEcho wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Yes, it can happen. I've known some people who have totally changed their lives around because of a dream. I mean total one-eighties, ya know, like a new person. So, although dreams like that are probably not the norm, it can definitely happen, as it seemingly has for you.

Being glad it happened is a double edged sword. The reason being because it makes it more difficult to relate to other people when you don't fear or aren't prone to sadness like the average person. Likewise, due to my positivism, I am able to naturally inspire those in proximity, which dampens their fear and/or sadness.

It is an interesting oddity, which it is almost like I'm metaphorically a black-hole absorbing their negativity.

BigDreamin

Postby BigDreamin » 04 Jul 2011 03:27

whooa two thumbs up for you man, I'd consider it a blessing.
Were you lucid?
I want the same experience :lol:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”