Dream Layers

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Dream Layers

Postby KylePK » 09 Jul 2012 19:15

Last night I had what I am calling (quite silly really) a triple inception dream! This is basically my way of saying that I had one overall dream that hosted another dream which hosted on final dream. Three layers of dreams within a dream. Each of them was pretty vivid and I remember them well. Not only this, but the two lower (deeper) levels were very philosophic and when I woke from both of them into the overall dream, I reveled in the philosophic type content that was within. All in all, it seemed the dreams theme was that there are better ways to handle situations than with violence and anger. One should do their best not to succumb to anger, anger is like a weakness that prevents you from being the best you can be.

I'm just wondering what everything thinks about this triple layered dream and multi-layered dreams in general.

I can elaborate on my full dreams if anyone wants to hear it xD
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Re: Dream Layers

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 03:55

One should do their best not to succumb to anger, anger is like a weakness that prevents you from being the best you can be.

I think anger is a very useful tool if used with control and not a weakness at all. It is a natural response for almost everything that lives.

What do you mean by layers?, is it the same dream or another one. I often will have many different dreams and they jump all over the place of their own accord.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 11 Jul 2012 06:24

I found myself in a dream, and I woke from that dream while still in another dream. I then woke from that dream and found myself in another dream. I guess you could say I just transitioned from the dreams seamlessly, but they were built upon one another, at least thats what it felt like.

Anger. I don't think it ought to be considered a tool, because using anger to achieve something may suggest that what your trying to achieve has been skewed by your emotional instability. It is natural and there is no defying it. However, reining it back is crucial I think. You have to maintain your mindset without such emotional factors that may warp your goal or reasoning.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 07:39

Anger. I don't think it ought to be considered a tool, because using anger to achieve something may suggest that what your trying to achieve has been skewed by your emotional instability.

If used like that I agree but for me anger cements thoughts and adds strength to any resolve I may have and can be a very strong driver to achieving something. You need to move past anger as a response and see anger as a force that can be molded and used. Think of a track cyclist in the last few meters of an Olympic sprint or points race, they may be seething with all sorts of controlled emotions in the drive to win and anger will be one of them. Emotions controlled and used are a great strength, uncontrolled and wasted they are not.

Your dreams sound like they get deeper or are at least linked in some way. Might be a msg in there for you from your SC
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 11 Jul 2012 15:34

Could you make a topic in share your dreams about your full dream i would like to hear it all.

now my opinion on the anger debate:
Peter wrote:for me anger cements thoughts and adds strength to any resolve I may have and can be a very strong driver to achieving something. You need to move past anger as a response and see anger as a force that can be molded and used

i completely agree , anger is natural response to things that we believe to be not right. so i think we should really judge people on what angers them.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 20:02

“No one would help me push on the climbs, they just sat on my wheel. That annoyed me, but it also inspired me. Coming into the finish, I waited for my moment and then went. When I crossed that line, I felt such a rush. My knees hurt, everything hurts, but I couldn’t give up.”

Thomas Voecker on winning a stage of the Tour De France this morning. A positive use of emotion and a dose of anger mixed in there.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 12 Jul 2012 01:27

Anger makes me play tennis like a boss. Provided I use it well, otherwise the game can get very messy
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 14 Jul 2012 06:17

Peter wrote: You need to move past anger as a response and see anger as a force that can be molded and used. Emotions controlled and used are a great strength, uncontrolled and wasted they are not.

Your dreams sound like they get deeper or are at least linked in some way. Might be a msg in there for you from your SC

Indeed indeed! Using them to direct your will is good :D just not control it. I guess its a fine line. But yeah I see exactly what you mean and I agree! I just always make sure that its not a source, I guess is a way to say it haha.

Yeah I think there is a message for me in there. I'm a writer and I have been thinking about this new story I am working on, and this has helped me develop the character a lot more.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 14 Jul 2012 06:18

Jack Reacher wrote:Anger makes me play tennis like a boss. Provided I use it well, otherwise the game can get very messy

Right on :D its all about self control, right? Peter and I agree on that I believe.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2012 08:49

yes we do, uncontrolled its bad, controlled its good

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”