Supplements not helping. Please Help.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
veajawad

Supplements not helping. Please Help.

Postby veajawad » 14 Jul 2012 16:38

Hello Friends!
How are you?
I am practicing lucid dreams since 6 months. I had at least 4 to 5 LDs in 6 months and a lot dreams per night. I do dream journaling, reality checks, reading a lot of articles from internet.
Last night I decided to try supplements because i read a Lot about supplements on internet. People gave amazing views about supplements. So i thought I should try those supplements for Vivid Dreams, LDs, WILD, etc…
I bought Reminyl (Galantamine 4 mg) and Citolin (citicholine/CDP Choline).
I went to bed last night by 1:00 am and woke up by 4:30 am and took 1 tablet of Galantamine 4mg and 1 tablet of Choline with water and read lucid dreaming articles for 30 mins and then went to bed again for sleep.
Real issue starts from here. I didnt felt anything. I got normal sleep and woke up by 10:00 am and didnt got any dream, any sensation, any LDs. Its like I didnt took any supplement. And after i woke up I am still normal.
Why I am not feeling effects or side effects of these medicines? How can I achieve vivid dreams, Wilds,hypnogogia sensations using supplements?
Please help me.
Thanks
Jawad

Peter

Re: Supplements not helping. Please Help.

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2012 22:38

They most likely wont do any good unless you are already experienced in Lucid Dreaming. They are not a magic bullet and so you need to find a way that works for you and then maybe add them to the mix
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 14 Jul 2012 22:40

Hi Jawad

Peter is right, it's not a magic bullet for lucid dreaming. Although I would expect it to intensify your dreams and dream recall.

I believe Galantamine can build up in your system, so if you took it two nights in a row, you may see more of an effect the second night.

It could be you have a high tolerance or slow metabolism or something? I'm only guessing here. You could experiment with the dose, at your own risk. I haven't taken a bigger dose but others have.

Not everyone is the same so a 4mg dose for me will have a different effect as a 4mg dose for you...

Experiment a little, if you are happy doing so. Let us know how you get on....

veajawad

Postby veajawad » 15 Jul 2012 00:05

Hi Rebecca!

I know, it's not a magic bullet for lucid dreaming. I do have a lot of experience in normal Dreams and LDs But galantamine is not intensify my dreams. And not showing any effects. Its like I didn't used any medicine. very surprising thing was that I was having recall of dreams every night but when I used this medicine. I didn't remember any dream in the morning when i woke up. And i was normal there was no effect.

These days i am spending my whole day in reality checks and reading stuff related to lucid dreaming. But its not creating any effect and these all things removed every dreams from my brain. Now I am not having any dream. I dont know why.

I am going to try galantamine this night again. let see what happen?

OK and please let me clear one more thing. Am I using Right supplements or wrong?

Supplements names are following:

1. Reminyl (4 mg)
2. Citolin (500 mg)

Please let me know are these correct supplements for dreams?

Thanks for your response.

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2012 04:19

I use G and some Choline once every 2 to 5 weeks, I dont need it to LD but I like the effects that it has on my dreams. I take it after a few hours sleep and it works for me in a WILD, if I go to sleep it is the usuall lottery in that I need to gain awareness and work out that I am dreaming or it is not much use.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 15 Jul 2012 12:36

I have been experimenting with the same dosages as you veajawad. It has not induced a LD dream for me but I surely have noticed much more dream recall in the morning. it took me a very long time to journal my dreams because i had so much to write.

If a higher dosage does not do anything noticeable maybe there is something wrong with the product. Where did you get it at? Is it a known trusted source? Check their reviews to see if others have been happy with the same product.

veajawad

Postby veajawad » 15 Jul 2012 12:57

Thanks for the response Mr. satopnek!

Hope you are doing well.

Are you sure that you have tried Reminyl and citolin?

These are not making me to recall my dreams. I am from Pakistan and in Pakistan nobody know about lucid dreaming. Only one Medical store is delivering this supplement out of hundred medical stores.

Is there any difference between Reminyl and galantamine?

waiting for response.

Thanks again.

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 16 Jul 2012 03:43

Quick research tells me that reminyl and galantamine are the same thing. I only spent 30 seconds researching so more time should be spent for a definitive answer.

The specific dosage that I have been using is 4mg of galantamine and 200mg choline.

zimangold

Postby zimangold » 25 Sep 2013 01:46

While I am late posting, I found this while googling something else. I hope you get this. There were several mistakes with what you did. First of all, and likely the most critical issue, is the form of choline you used. CDP choline is good as a nootropic but useless as a trigger for WILDs. Since galantamine will do almost nothing without supplemental choline, and you only took 4mg, it is no suprise you didn't notice anything. Use choline bitartrate/citrate, I use 1,000mg of bitartrate (the citrate seems weaker but I can't be sure). You can also use Alpha-GPC on top of that to lengthen the dream. Second, it is useful to have (a lot of) vitamin b5 as well, because it is a co-factor with choline. Third, try 8mg. Fourth, check if Reminyl is "time-released"; if it is, it is useless as a lucidity trigger.

inayathussain

Postby inayathussain » 31 Jan 2014 20:25

Hi veajawad,

Though my reply is very late but let me share my observations.
As you said that you live in Pakistan and no one knows about Lucid Dreaming here. Let me tell you there is at least one another guy who knows about lucid dreaming and very interested in it. ;)
I have quite the same history as you have. I tried a lot to get lucidity but after all of my efforts I failed. Then I researched and came to know about Galantamine and Choline. I bought Reminyl 8 mg (Galantamine) and Citolin 500 mg the same as you have mentioned.
I ate Reminyl only last night and I do noticed the difference. My dreams were vivid and were very memorable. However tonight I am going to experiment both Reminyl and Citolin. Tomorrow I share my observations.

Thanks
Inayat

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”