Body was Awake, but my Mind was Asleep.....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Body was Awake, but my Mind was Asleep.....

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2012 00:33

I've heard others describe the lucid experience as "The body is asleep while the mind is awake"
I agree, but the inverse is also true sometimes...

Today I woke up earlier than my body was use to because I had to go do something this morning. I drank a little coffee, something I don't usually do and I couldn't get back to sleep until about 11:45 a.m. when my body is programmed (if you will) to be awake through habit. As a result, I didn't dream very well and had some weird imagery until I awoke again around 1:30 p.m. But no dreams. No scenario to accomplish, no dilemma to overcome. I had a vague sense that I was suppose to awaken but I was fighting it.

There was a point in which I was walking for a moment, it was vague, and I hit a wall, fell back and jerked awake. (I didn't recall it until after I awoke so I wasn't lucid.) We all get that sometimes. Have you ever seen that Mr. Bean episode when he is in church, falls asleep, and jerks awake? I think that is a form of sleep paralysis kicking in, but I wasn't lucid so the 'falling sensation' jolted me awake.

Anyway, if the body can be asleep while the mind is awake and lucid, the inverse is also true and I think I experienced that this afternoon. I get that in the first half of the sleep cycle too every normal nights sleep. I never dream or become lucid for that matter until the early morning dream sleep and if I skip it, I can't get it back until my body is ready for it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Re: Body was Awake, but my Mind was Asleep.....

Postby Ryan » 17 Jul 2012 03:59

Body awake but the mind is asleep? That's just being asleep. :)
It's why you can fall asleep yet not really be "tired".

Also, the "jerking" you're referring to isn't the sleep paralysis kicking in... but the sensation of "falling" due to your body relaxing so much and your mind not quite fully unconscious yet. I think sleep paralysis actually kicks in a bit after you fall asleep, not right away.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

HAGART

Re: Body was Awake, but my Mind was Asleep.....

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2012 04:44

Ryan wrote:Also, the "jerking" you're referring to isn't the sleep paralysis kicking in... but the sensation of "falling" due to your body relaxing so much and your mind not quite fully unconscious yet. I think sleep paralysis actually kicks in a bit after you fall asleep, not right away.

So my body was falling asleep, but I wasn't mentally prepared to do it. I was too alert. However not lucid... I find it hard to fall asleep when trying to lucid dream from the waking state without... well... FALLING ASLEEP!

Either way, the mind and body were out of whack either due to coffee stimulous (which my mind and body are not use to on a regular basis), or just sleeping at an odd time.

However, sometimes I don't remember my dreams in the first hours of sleep and you say it is because the "mind asleep is simply being ASLEEP" (I paraphrased). This was a little different. I remembered imagery and feelings, but stuff I cannot even explain to myself. Maybe my subconscious took over for a bit, I don't know...

Either way, whatever, I love your response and it makes me think! :?:
(My thoughts are fragmented... maybe I need to get some sleep!) (THERE IS NO SLEEP EMOTICON to end this!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”