Lucid Mindset/Lifestyle Technique

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid Mindset/Lifestyle Technique

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Oct 2017 13:46

Hi Beethoven! It's great to hear from you.

Thank you for the suggestion. Right now my only concern is getting lucid. I would love my LDs to last longer but at this point attaining lucidity as often as possible is what is most important. If I can reach a point where I get lucid, consistently, at least 2-3 days per week then I can start to plan the next steps...like what I will do, how to extend the dreams, etc.

My problem is, once I see an attractive woman in my lucid dreams I just can't help myself. :D

So far this "lazy awareness" approach is not getting me quick results. But, I'm planning on trying to stick with it for a year and see what happens.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 03 Oct 2017 15:08

Hi Sean!

I understand what you're saying and it makes perfect sense. I think it's great that you're so ambitious and won't stop till you achieve your goals.

My main logic behind having longer LD's without too much excitement is to make them occur much more frequent.

I've mentioned this before but after trying really hard to have several back to back LD's one night, I couldn't stop them. It was like my mind had forgotten what the normal state was and just wanted to be in the lucid state. Unfortunately, the following night it was business as usual!

I just feel as though 30 seconds of lucidity a few times a week isn't gonna be too mind changing. If we spend much longer periods in the lucidity world it should have more of an impact. Then once we know that we can become lucid for ages it'll be easier to do the things we desire.

This is what I intend to do when lucidity starts to kick in again.

But I know you have plans and I guess you've got to go with your heart. I think it's great that you are getting some lucidity and that shows that you must be doing something right. Maybe if you carried on what you're doing things might get better and better???

Good luck on your travels!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Oct 2017 21:52

Thanks Beethoven. My issue is that I get lucid so infrequently, that when I do get lucid I can't focus on my "plan" of what I should be doing. My brain is just to foggy to remember. So I go on what is available in my dream environment. Believe me, I would love to stay in the lucid dream longer but that takes planning and then remembering the plan when I become lucid.

My focus now is driving that lucid mindset into my subconscious so deeply that I will just instinctively question my reality in more of my dreams. I'm really hoping for the day when I'm dreaming and actually have the critical moment where I ask myself "Am I dreaming?" and then realize I am. But, I suspect it will take quite a while to get this habit to be a natural reaction. My second goal is, once I am getting lucid 1 to 2 times per week consistently I will start planing what I will do when I get lucid. Part of that will definitely involve relaxing, engaging my sense and trying to stay lucid in the dream for as long as possible....keep it calm and boring. :-)

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 04 Oct 2017 11:45

Hi Sean!

I know what you're saying about not knowing what to do due to the infrequency. When something happens, it's like panic stations! We know that we've only got a bit of time before it's all over! We try like crazy and then get a lousy 30 seconds which doesn't usually go well! When I got the hang of being able to return to lucidity land when it ended it was far less frustrating. Phew! That was so long ago, and I'd love to be able to do that again. Actually I'd love to be able to get lucid more often than about once a month which usually isn't too exciting!

I like your ideas and maybe things will get better. I feel a bit exhausted with the whole reality checking thing at the moment so I'm just taking it easy, trying to get my mind together. I'm very intent on trying to stay lucid as long as possible without doing anything too exciting. I'll let you know if anything materializes.

This is gonna be my last post for a while. I really hope things go well for you and look forward to your posts.

Happy dreaming!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Oct 2017 11:51

I wish you the greatest success with your plan Beethoven. Hopefully both of our plans will pay off. :-)

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Oct 2017 11:59

Today is day 88 of my experiment.

So as part of my awareness and reality checking by asking myself if I'm dreaming and looking around me for anything dreamlike, I realized that I have had several dreams were looking a the sky has made me lucid (it seems that when I look at the sky in my dreams I often see something out of the ordinary and amazing - such as incredible space scenes like looking at images from Hubble or unreal sunsets, etc). I've been making it a point (for the last few weeks) to intentionally look at the sky, and will it to show me something amazing, when ever I am in a place where I can see the sky.

This morning I woke up from a dream where my wife and I were in Florida on vacation. We were in an area, like a trailer park except instead of trailers there were these tiny houses on small hills all around (my wife likes to watch the show "Tiny House Nation"). We are outside and I look up at the sky only to see that it is full of clouds that are forming into funnel clouds, hundreds of them. It was amazing, but incredibly scary as all of these funnel clouds could become tornadoes at any minute. We started running for shelter and I woke up.

This could be a good sign as I intentionally looked at the sky, or it simply could be a coincident.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 09 Oct 2017 16:58

Today is day 93 of my experiment. No lucid dreams recently. Today I am more frustrated than normal.

I had a dream last night that involved Macaulay Culkin and a dream the night before that involved John Lennon and I never checked if I was dreaming. I will stay focused and keep up the awareness, but I'm hoping this will start to work soon.

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 10 Oct 2017 17:35

Hi Sean!

I can feel your frustration! I could write a book on it!

Haha out of all the beautiful actresses out there you ended up with Macaulay Culkin! You must be regretting buying that 'Home Alone' collection!

And I've heard that John Lennon is busy making an album right now!!!

Seriously though, it sounds like your dreams are full of action which makes reality checking very difficult. I can do checks with ease on my own BUT when I'm with people it seems impossible. I think this is down to the fact that I never shut up and have always got too much to say! It's like I hate silence and always feel the need to talk. I've been aware of this for many years and always thought that it was the main reason I don't get lucid much.

So how are you when you're with people??? Do you feel relaxed enough to test reality during conversations etc.

I'll be seeing my mate tonight and I'm gonna make the effort to shut up for at least 10 seconds and think about lucidity.

Good luck!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”