Lucid Mindset/Lifestyle Technique

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid Mindset/Lifestyle Technique

Postby Sean Jacobs » 31 Mar 2017 23:25

I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time Beethoven. I hope things turn around and get much better very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 01 Apr 2017 00:17

It is tough to stay focused on my awareness running on only 4 hours of sleep and working a busy 13 hour day. My work life is hindering my lucid dreaming success. ;)

But, I'm sticking with it. I'm feeling really good about the new plan. The continuous "Am I Dreaming?" question in my mind as I examine my environment is helping. Surprisingly the "Willing" things to happen is also a great addition. I find myself doing this more often then I expected. I try to will all kinds of things to happen and say in my mind "This is my dream and I can make that ball on my desk roll to me (just an example I'm doing right now)". Also, I notice that I rarely have any major negative feelings but they occur often in my dreams. I'm hoping that will act as a strong dream sign to help me get lucid.

I feel like I may have finally found the solution, something I can stick with with out a tremendous amount of effort yet creates a mentality that will feed over to my dreams. Only time will tell. I'm very much looking forward to getting to bed tonight, for the dreams, the potential of lucid dreams, and a good night's sleep.

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 01 Apr 2017 07:57

Hi Sean...

Thanks, that's much appreciated.

I like your ideas, especially the one about willing things to happen. And it could be done anywhere too with lots of people around.

Enjoy your dreams!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Apr 2017 13:06

April 3, 2017

Day 58 of my LD experiment. No lucid dreams over the weekend or last night.

I did fairly well keeping a constant state of awareness that I could be dreaming. I feel I am getting better at this day by day. I am also remembering to try to “will” things to happen often and to stop, be still, then do physical RCs (look at hand and count fingers) and visualize what I would do if I discovered I was dreaming. I feel this may take a while to begin to show up in my dreams, but I can be patient.

My dream recall was good on Friday and Saturday night, but Sunday got a bit weird. I thought I woke up after a dream earlier in the night and jotted down some notes. Later I woke up at about 4:30 am, jotted some quick notes on another dream. I then shut off my alarm and laid there for what I thought was another 10 minutes. I then got up and took my notebook out to the kitchen. When I looked at the clock it said 5:55 am. I had to triple check this, but it was right. So I must have dozed off after shutting off my alarm and over slept for an hour. Then I looked at my notebook and discovered that I only had notes from my latest dream, at the bottom of the page. So, I think I dreampt that I had written down note from my first dream. Very strange.

April 1, 2017

Dream 1: I’m at a school with many other people. I walk into a room with several young men. I’m there to sing. I breakout into the song “Can’t you see” by the Marshall Tucker Band. I sound amazing. The young men follow a cappella style. Frank (a mane I work with in RL) appears and I know in my dream he is a teacher at the school. He looks upset because he doesn’t want us singing, but I ignore him because I’m having too much fun. However I can’t remember all the lyrics. The dream fades and I wake up. (4:32 AM)

Dream 2: I’m outside in someone’s yard. There are many elderly people there as well. My wife and I are there. One older woman comes over to me and playfully bumps me with her hip. I’m not sure why she did this. She moves away and when I look at her she smiles at me. My wife tells me that she is very happy because I didn’t get caught up in the “Stallone incident.” I know this is where Sylvester Stallone cheated on his wife. This woman is happy that I am a faithful husband. (Jump) My wife and I are in a mall. The floors are highly polished red granite. The surface is so shiny it reminds me of ice. I start skating on the floor and my shoes are sliding just like I am actually skating. My wife follows me and we are skating around the mall. We are having so much fun! Suddenly I wonder how this is possible. I’m wearing sneakers which would stick to a highly polished floor. The dream fades and I wake up. (6:04 AM).

April 2, 2017

Dream 1: I’m on the phone with the former VP or my group. I tell her I’m quitting my job. I am then speaking to Jamie (a man I used to work with) and he gives me information about a new job at a different company. This job requires me working out in the field as a salesman. Suddenly, I am very worried and upset (ES RC) because I did all of this without telling my wife. I know she is going to be very upset with me. I wake up. (3:31 AM)

Dream 2: I’m in some kind of boot camp, but no one has given me my uniform. I have to stay in my street cloths. I go to a large room (barracks) with many cots. I go to my cot which has some shelves next to it for cloths, but the shelves are empty. I’m not bothered by this. I am with another guy who is in a red and blue uniform. I know him in my dream but not in RL. We have to walk through a group of 2nd year soldiers (also wearing red and blue uniforms) so they can push us around. I walk through them confidently, looking each of them in the eyes with a smile on my face. They don’t touch me. We move to a path through the woods and start jogging. We come around a bend in the path and there are two older guys sitting on lawn chairs. I smile at them and raise my hand out for them to give me a high-5. They just scowl at me. I’m not bothered by this and just keep smiling and jog away. We get back to the barracks and our sergeant has a TV set up. He plays a video clip of our team getting attached by a big plastic T-Rex. I know tis is just a joke. The dream fades and I wake up. (5:48 AM)

April 3rd, 2017

Dream (fragment): I believe I am on vacation and we have just finished opening my pool. I go back into the house and my brother-in-law is there. He opens the refrigerator and there are 4 plastic bottles with drinks, one is orange, one is grape, one is cherry and the last is lemon. I just want plain water but there is none. I wake up (5:55 AM)

I’m going to continue to stick with the plan and hopefully have another LD very soon.

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 03 Apr 2017 18:55

Hi Sean...

I just wanna say that this caught my attention quite a bit, and seems quite significant...

"My wife and I are in a mall. The floors are highly polished red granite. The surface is so shiny it reminds me of ice. I start skating on the floor and my shoes are sliding just like I am actually skating. My wife follows me and we are skating around the mall. We are having so much fun! Suddenly I wonder how this is possible. I’m wearing sneakers which would stick to a highly polished floor. The dream fades and I wake up. (6:04 AM)."

It might be worth thinking about this some more, cos it might prepare you if a similar type thing happens again.

Maybe when I start recording my dreams (in a zillion years!) I may notice things like this!

Haha so much for taking a break, you make it hard for me to stay away!

Good luck!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Apr 2017 12:57

Hi Beethoven. I agree, that event was significant. It was like my awareness was just about to break through to my dream. I'm hoping to see this happen more often soon.

I hope things are going better for you.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Apr 2017 12:58

April 4, 2017

Day 59 of my LD experiment. No lucid dreams last night.

I did well yesterday with my awareness. I did catch myself, after the fact, losing my awareness during 2 conversations; one with a person I work with about a subject in which I am very passionate and the other in an argument with my wife. I did catch myself after the fact. I also remembered to reality check after my argument with my wife because of the negative emotions.

I did my normal nightly routine and fell asleep relatively quickly. I slept straight through until after the only dream I remember. I dozed off after that dream and my alarm woke me up and I don’t think I was dreaming at that time.

Dream: I am at the house of a friend of my wife (I don’t know this woman in RL). It is a one level house that is box shaped with a flat roof. It is made from metal, cement, and glass. The walls were glass, but had large curtains inside to block any view inside. We are standing on a cement patio that is between the back of the house and a pool. The woman invites us to go swimming (she is a short, plump woman with shoulder length black hair. She is wearing a black one piece bathing suit). My wife does not want to go swimming by encourages me to go. But, I don’t have a bathing suit. My wife tells me to just go in my underwear because I am wearing boxer-briefs . This makes sense to me. I strip down to my black boxer-briefs and feel completely confident because I’m in great shape. I walk towards the pool which is a strange combination of a beautifully, vividly green swamp and an in ground pool. There is lush green thick moss growing around the stairs to enter the pool. The water is incredibly clear and I can see the blue liner of the pool. I am amazed by how well tended this area is. As I look at the moss a frog pops up from the moss. It is bright green with a yellow belly. Now I’m a bit concerned about walking over the moss as I don’t want to accidentally step on a frog that is hiding under the moss. The dream fades and I wake up. (4:16 AM)

I’m still hopeful that the awareness will begin showing up in my dreams soon.
No negative emotions or sexual situations in my dream last night, so no solid opportunities for RC due to a dream sign.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Apr 2017 12:33

April 5, 2017

Day 60 of my LD experiment. I had a lucid dream last night.

I did very well with my awareness yesterday. I will continue on focusing on mentally asking myself “Am I dreaming” especially in situations where I am distracted (like when having conversations with people). I also periodically tried to "will" things to happen and mentally reminded myself "this is my dream, I can make X happen". I did about 20 physical reality checks where I stopped, questioned my reality, counted my fingers, & pretended I found I was dreaming and visualized what I would do next. Before bed I set my intention to wake up after my dreams, remember my dreams and jot down some notes. Then I would say my mantra “I am dreaming” 10+ times then I would relax and go back to sleep.

Last night this plan came together as I did exactly what I planned as was rewarded with a lucid dream.

Dream 1 (fragment): I am at my niece’s house. I am trying to assemble a computer for her, which she just purchased. I have the box open and the parts on the floor. I am looking for the motherboard. I wake up. (2:06 AM)

Dream 2:
Date: 4/5/17 (Wed 3:38 AM)
Dream Title: (LD #71) Ex in a Moo Moo. (**Lucid**)
Dream: I find myself in my ex-wife’s house (she shows up in too many of my dreams). It is a very small house. I am in the kitchen area and everything is white; the floor tiles, the counters, the cabinets, the appliances, the table and chairs. There are boxes everywhere, like she just moved in. I can see an archway that leads to a living room which is also full of boxes. It is day time as I can see light coming in through the windows. My ex-wife is in the kitchen with me. She is wearing a large dress (a moo moo dress) that is a light blue color. She is hugely obese. I am here to help her unpack. She comes up to me and wraps her arms around my sides in a hug. She is so large that I can’t get my arms around her entire body. She looks up at me and I look into her strikingly blue eyes. She says, “OK. Let’s get this over with.” I don’t know what she’s talking about, so I reply “Get what over with?” She responds, “Sex of course.” I don’t know if it was because this became a “sexual situation”, which is a dream sign for me, or because of my awareness of the ridiculousness of this situation but I am instantly lucid without a physical reality check. I let go of her and walk away to a white door in the kitchen that leads outside. I am in the front yard of her house. The grass is green. There is a cement walkway which leads to cement steps, which lead to the street. The street runs from my left to my right in front of the house and there is another street directly across from where I’m standing which leads down a long hill. It is autumn. I can see many trees all around with leaves in brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow. I am so happy to be lucid. I take in the scenery. The sky is a perfect cloudless blue (I don’t see the sun). There are many small white houses in the neighborhood, all with well-tended yards. I decide to fly (yet again). I levitate off the ground and will myself to fly forward and upward. I am having trouble with control and begin to drift off to my left into some trees. I refocus my mind and remove any doubt that I have complete control of my ability to fly. I jet upward about 300 feet and then zoom off to my left. I am flying over a perfect New England town in mid-autumn, on a beautiful day. It is amazing. I can see the roofs of many houses below me and streets going in all directions. I can see a small pond below with perfect blue water. I see a white church with a tall steeple and fly over the large metal cross at the top of the steeple. I see acres of cemetery just after the church full of old head stones and red, yellow, and orange leaf covered trees. The dream fades and I wake up. (3:38 AM)

I am excited that I had my first LD in April fairly early in the month, and on a work night. It seems that I have more on days off than work nights. I also just beat my 2011 yearly LD total of 12 with this dream. Next will be the 2006 total of 16 and then the 2005 total of 18. I know I am going to destroy all of these goals.

This plan appears to be working and I will continue to stick with it. I am hoping to reach the point where I am having 20+ LDs per month.
Last edited by Sean Jacobs on 05 Apr 2017 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 05 Apr 2017 12:49

Hi Sean...

Congrats on the LD, that's fantastic!

I have no doubt that you are gonna smash all your records this year!

Good luck tonight!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Apr 2017 15:58

Thanks Beethoven. I'm hoping this LD is a sign that the new awareness technique is starting to work. I can't wait to get to 20+ LDs per month. :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”