LUCID LIMBO

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
joesef777

LUCID LIMBO

Postby joesef777 » 20 Jul 2012 18:16

I have been lucid dreaming on and off (mostly off) for years.
But for the first time ever it was clearer then I ever thought possible.
mentally and visually, It was like in waking life, I was in shock and couldn't believe how clear it was plus a total submersive feeling. (If some one was to ask me before about the clearity of my lucid dreams ... I would say "almost like real life." But now I know what I have been missing.
but then a few weeks later just the opposite lucid dream occurred to me;
I was awake but in limbo it was all dark and I think my eyes might have really been open because I could swear I was seeing my actual bedroom morphing with darkness. I was visually swinging all around the room and it was all shadows and voices/sounds I was still joking to myself and saying, "WOW..I am stuck in in some crappy hellish plain of existence." I let my self drift to sleep and then just woke up after.
Now the questions: has any one ever had a lucid dream where there stuck in this weird limbo state? ( its different then being half awake and half a sleep..because I was fully aware.. but visually in limbo.)
I was just curious why normal images/dream scapes are NOT coming through..it's like dead empty space instead.

HAGART

Re: LUCID LIMBO

Postby HAGART » 22 Jul 2012 16:48

I share the exact same experiences.

I use to lucid dream and it's fun, but things morph and appear and it is not stable. Then one day, it was in February and I wrote about it here on this site. I think I called the topic: MOST INTENSE LUCID EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE! And I wasn't exaggerating.

I always considered myself a lucid dreamer, but when I experienced the most vivid, stable, realistic lucid dream I ever had, I realized I was still just a beginner.

It started out from that weird place in between wake and sleep. I felt an evil entity pushing my body around the room. I rose to the ceiling, was dragged along a wall. (it's like demonic possession, but I don't believe in that. I think the concept of demonic possession arose after someone experienced this rather common phenomenon and couldn't explain it.) Anyway, I finally was able to get to my feet and start walking. It was very hard at first, as though I was very drunk and disoriented. But when I left my room it suddenly popped into a lucid dream that was more real than I could ever imagine. I mean, it's still a little weird looking, but I felt like I had a body and when I picked things up, not only could I feel them, but they had weight. These types of amazing dreams are rare for me and always start with that creepy realm between wake and sleep.

I have never been stuck in that limbo state. But if I can't control it well enough I just "go back to sleep" within the dream and expect to find myself in either a lucid dream or a false awakening that becomes lucid because I am expecting it. Or if I take control and walk out the room and change my surroundings it can become a lucid dream that way too. So there are ways to get out of that state and take control, and I am sure there are more suggestions than my two.

joesef777 wrote:I was just curious why normal images/dream scapes are NOT coming through..it's like dead empty space instead.
I heard that this realm so to speak happens when we become aware of our physical bodies and where it is in reality and yet our brains are still in that lucid state of consciousness. Maybe it's because our subconscious isn't feeding us enough imagery at that time. I actually don't know and we are both on the same page. I want to know too.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Re: LUCID LIMBO

Postby Ryan » 23 Jul 2012 00:05

joesef777 wrote:I have been lucid dreaming on and off (mostly off) for years.
But for the first time ever it was clearer then I ever thought possible.
mentally and visually, It was like in waking life, I was in shock and couldn't believe how clear it was plus a total submersive feeling. (If some one was to ask me before about the clearity of my lucid dreams ... I would say "almost like real life." But now I know what I have been missing.
but then a few weeks later just the opposite lucid dream occurred to me;
I was awake but in limbo it was all dark and I think my eyes might have really been open because I could swear I was seeing my actual bedroom morphing with darkness. I was visually swinging all around the room and it was all shadows and voices/sounds I was still joking to myself and saying, "WOW..I am stuck in in some crappy hellish plain of existence." I let my self drift to sleep and then just woke up after.
Now the questions: has any one ever had a lucid dream where there stuck in this weird limbo state? ( its different then being half awake and half a sleep..because I was fully aware.. but visually in limbo.)
I was just curious why normal images/dream scapes are NOT coming through..it's like dead empty space instead.

There are plenty of names for it.

3D Blackness
The Void
Point Consciousness state

They all describe the experience which you describe. Being somewhere where it's just "you"... it's just your consciousness existing.

I believe it's the state of pure consciousness, where you're not accessing any reality. For me, I experience it as I'm going into and coming out of lucid/astral experiences.

During my meditations, I attempt to meditate my way into it. I've been successful a number of times at it. From there, you can launch yourself anywhere using your Intent.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”