Conspicuously Absent From Your Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dinoponera

Re: Conspicuously Absent From Your Dreams

Postby Dinoponera » 26 May 2017 22:08

I don't think I've ever seen the sun or the moon in any dreams, but the amount of light in the sky is always oddly appropriate.
Doors are pretty rare, although there are still door frames. o.o?
Never has been any food, but I've had various types of alcohol and weed.
"Won't you be friends with me" ^_^

IvoryPavo

Postby IvoryPavo » 27 Jun 2017 15:33

I have similar absences, like your lacking of letters or numbers, but there is the odd chance of them appearing in certain situations. If I'm in a vivid dream I'll recall seeing words, particularly in question form, but I won't be able to remember them when I wake; they'll just be a blur, like smudged ink. Kinda useless, huh?

However, food is a reoccurring image in my dream. That may sound comical, but there it is. Now, it doesn't loom largely, but I'll see certain things sometimes, such as sweets. I've tried eating for the sake of experience, but the food feels ashy in my mouth and lacks flavor. I don't suppose one would need food in a dream, as it isn't necessary to feed your dream self - at least that's my thought on it.

I can't say there are many other absences in my dreams, but I'm hardly in civilized areas. I'm more commonly found wandering forests; sometimes they will lack animals and be eerily quiet or I'll hear calls but see nothing. That's really the extent of it, though. :)
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 02:00

Come to think of it, I've never seen the sun in my dreams, but there is always light. Rarely food, but there always seems to be some sort of drink. Other than that, everything else seems to be quite normal.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”