Occult Dream Theory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Domintheos

Occult Dream Theory

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 18:23

Greetings everyone,

Being the lucid dreaming enthusiast that I am, and now having the free time to enjoy my favorite hobby; I'd like to present my structured thoughts on the subject of dreams--and in it's entirety. Having over 20 years of lucid dreaming experience, it's become second nature to me--and I do it every time I sleep with ease; if I don't have a lucid dream every night then I feel as if somethings wrong with me.

I've learned that lucid dreaming is just a lesser form of astral projection, all dreams are astral projections; the difference lies in the fact that we become "lucid" during the experience--as opposed to transitioning into the "dream-scape" while conscious.

Please feel free to check out the website in my contacts--there you'll find in the content section a 9 page Theory dedicated to dreams, with over 12 years of experiential knowledge and information within. I honestly believe dreams are much more than just electrical brain activity + thoughts & emotions; they're experienced in an abstract reality as real as our own. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and feedback regarding the entirety of this subject.

We spend at-least 25% of our lives dreaming, whether we're aware of it or not... This isn't something to be taken lightly in my opinion.
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 21:20

Hi
So I have been lucid dreaming for over 20 years as well. Lucid dreaming every night is second nature to me as well

Wow your haunted house website really is SCARY. It makes ghosts sound so much scarier if emotions are what control them, since I cannot even control my emotions. AAIEE!!

It's very fortunate at least I have specific lucid dreams at night where I am able to have complete control over my depression and emotions. My friend in his WILDs was even free of his mental disability, and it was so cool when we dream meshed. I'll take a relaxing lucid dream over scary ghosts any day, it is so much more relaxing, and I know I won't get hurt.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 21:29

lucidé wrote:Hi
So I have been lucid dreaming for over 20 years as well. Lucid dreaming every night is second nature to me as well

Wow your haunted house website really is SCARY. It makes ghosts sound so much scarier if emotions are what control them, since I cannot even control my emotions. AAIEE!!

It's very fortunate at least I have specific lucid dreams at night where I am able to have complete control over my depression and emotions. My friend in his WILDs was even free of his mental disability, and it was so cool when we dream meshed. I'll take a relaxing lucid dream over scary ghosts any day, it is so much more relaxing, and I know I won't get hurt.

Hah, you kinda threw me off for a bit with the "Haunted House" reference--I was thinking like.... what are you talking about? Lol, but I get it; it took me 10+ years of solid study and practice to actually pierce the veil of those "worlds." I'm very interested in your theory as to what dreams are, and how you "operate" within them.

What are your thoughts on astral projection, or do you even "believe" in it?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 21:59

Domintheos wrote:
lucidé wrote:Hi

Hah, you kinda threw me off for a bit with the "Haunted House" reference--I was thinking like.... what are you talking about? Lol, but I get it; it took me 10+ years of solid study and practice to actually pierce the veil of those "worlds." I'm very interested in your theory as to what dreams are, and how you "operate" within them.

What are your thoughts on astral projection, or do you even "believe" in it?

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItZQEqr9KU&t=495s
I've been phobic of turning into a ghost since I was a child. I saw this Pokemon episode when I was only 10, Ash and Pikachu got crushed by a light fixture and died. Then they turned into ghosts. I was horrified so badly, I huddled. I saw this cartoon called Jackie Chan Adventures, where this girl uses the sheep talisman, and she dies and turns into a ghost, and she yells out, "Oh no! I am dead!" I jumped from my seat, I was huddling so bad from that one. Then in middle school, they read The Little Match Girl, ghost grandma comes, and turns the little girl into a ghost at the end, and I begin huddling into my seat, and I tell them, "Don't let her get me! Don't let the ghost get me!" I draw out my phobia while I am in middle school in comics where characters are panicked and are saying, "Don't let them get me, don't let them turn me into a ghost!" and are running away in morbid fear.
I am still phobic of turning into a ghost, but when I started inducing specific WILDs in high school, I didn't draw the phobia comics as much.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 22:21

Not to be rude--but what did your response and that video have to do with the question I'd asked you?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 22:36

Domintheos wrote:Not to be rude--but what did your response and that video have to do with the question I'd asked you?

Do I believe in turning into a "ghost"? Any method where you turn into a ghost or spirit really scares me. I don't have any theory on whether it is real or not, I'll just flat out admit I am extremely afraid of the technique. That video is supposed to be my point of view on how horribly scared I am of it.

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 22:38

lucidé wrote:Do I believe in turning into a "ghost"? Any method where you turn into a ghost or spirit really scares me. I don't have any theory on whether it is real or not, I'll just flat out admit I am extremely afraid of the technique. That video is supposed to be my point of view on how horribly scared I am of it.

Well, are you afraid of death? Have you ever experienced a "ghost" in real life?

*Word of Advice* Nature is scary too, but that doesn't make it "not real"--now does it?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 22:53

Domintheos wrote:Well, are you afraid of death? Have you ever experienced a "ghost" in real life?

*Word of Advice* Nature is scary too, but that doesn't make it "not real"--now does it?

I stopped breathing once during a hypotension shock, and ended up in some sort of MILD. I've had WILDs like that in the past, it didn't really bother me too much, I just knew I had to heal myself and save my life.
Yes, I experienced a ghost in real life. Several small ones came to my door asking for candy on Halloween.

The animals in nature are kind of adorable. Who doesn't like the lions?

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 23:01

Taking into account the fact that you don't believe in an afterlife--makes it quite difficult to explain the difference between ego and consciousness; both of which survive after death, but one eventually "dissolves" along with the physical body. There's so much we'd have to cover before we even began to talk about dreams--but seeing as you have no concept or ideology about spirituality; i'm not too sure where to start, and your responses are as abstract as the spiritual realm itself.

How about this.... you have a heart right? Where does the energy that "grants" you emotional stimulation stem from; what is that 21 grams that departs from the body upon death? Let's start here..
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 23:12

Domintheos wrote:Taking into account the fact that you don't believe in an afterlife--makes it quite difficult to explain the difference between ego and consciousness; both of which survive after death, but one eventually "dissolves" along with the physical body. There's so much we'd have to cover before we even began to talk about dreams--but seeing as you have no concept or ideology about spirituality; i'm not too sure where to start, and your responses are as abstract as the spiritual realm itself.

How about this.... you have a heart right? Where does the energy that "grants" you emotional stimulation stem from; what is that 21 grams that departs from the body upon death? Let's start here..

The urine and feces? I am horribly embarrassed to admit I did that during my shock, but you pee yourself and eventually @#$@ yourself if you stop breathing. I am sure the doctors really don't like cleaning up the urine and feces of the dead patients much either.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”