Occult Dream Theory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Summerlander

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Summerlander » 11 Apr 2017 01:52

What Domintheos is really saying: 'Other people have nothing to teach me.' :mrgreen:

Carry on making anti-scientific remarks whilst hypocritically using the Internet. And I'm the one who lives in a box ... :)

As I said on the other thread:

'Lucide, Sam Wise, like Domintheos, suffers from this fallacy:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

'They are the sort of people who only trust their intuitions. Everything is about what they think and how they feel. It's a form of solipsistic world view. Their own delusions are trusted. Like the schizophrenic ...' :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 17 Apr 2017 03:58

Domintheos wrote:Your conversation is shallow and boring, I'd much rather converse with people with open-minds--enjoy your box.

open-minds

Oh, the irony!
Good luck,
Dream on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Apr 2017 17:04

I know, right!! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nickbor

Postby nickbor » 23 Apr 2017 06:08

ok dominenthos Im like minded and I offered proof of the immortality of the soul withought death experience through meditation but these guys arent truth seekers like me. Im more into the experiences of life than into the philosofizing about it. but Ive had an outer body experience before while meditating like a monk or something trying to heal myself from some minor temptations such as tobacco smoking. and i experienced the best love in the world which is a truly heavenly experience which is unconditional and I suggest for you dominenthos to try seeking spiritual enlightenment for the same experience if you are interested. it is something unforgettable but I could only do it with people to make them less afraid. Ive tried to educate people of other things while making them fear less I even have gnosis of god and my own immortality like you. you can see why educating others on all this physical proof stuff is not really wrong or wright. and its not these gyus fault. not everybody is spiritually aware but what works to influence others in a positive way is to be a moral example. god makes me feed people their food usuailly i only requre gratitude for the offering. my dad is not very spiritual either like summerlander. these gyus are going to experience something one day and find out they wasted all this time on earth debating those in the know of our self awareness. i will repeat this once to you dominenthos beacause ive paid attention to my own life. even things i did in sports came back to me later in a negative way and i did what you would do if you respected others freedom despite being wronged. but with purity of soul i found my long awaited enlightenment and ultimate salvation. you do have free will. i sacrifice mine to stay out of trouble and feed those who are hungry. if you get it you might start thanking heaven for youre food

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Apr 2017 14:45

nickbor wrote:ok dominenthos Im like minded and I offered proof of the immortality of the soul withought death experience through meditation but these guys arent truth seekers like me.

You're having a laugh, right? :D

All DreamerMan99 and me care about is evidence and truth. It's funny you should mention meditation because I've got experience with it and it reveals quite the opposite of what you believe (a fallacious misrepresentation of experience). Try Vipassana and Dzogchen meditation and you might wake up to the truth that the self is just a sense and not an eternal soul as vitalists believe. There is no evidence for a supernatural elan vitale, no immortal spirit or any such nonsense. :)

Im more into the experiences of life than into the philosofizing about it.

Clearly. :lol:

but Ive had an outer body experience before while meditating like a monk or something trying to heal myself from some minor temptations such as tobacco smoking. and i experienced the best love in the world which is a truly heavenly experience which is unconditional and I suggest for you dominenthos to try seeking spiritual enlightenment for the same experience if you are interested.

Oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin and other cerebral electrochemical activity ... If you are ever afflicted by some pathology, thus causing a chemical imbalance in your brain, you might experience quite the opposite. Science works, bitches. :mrgreen:

it is something unforgettable but I could only do it with people to make them less afraid.

Just because some mental experiences have more impact than others doesn't make them preternatural. They are only profound insofar as they are subjective and where strong emotions are involved. Remove the amygdala and you'll stifle much of their influence and overall power. :geek:

Ive tried to educate people of other things while making them fear less I even have gnosis of god and my own immortality like you.

Gnosis of God? God?! Don't make me laugh. Check out my thread entitled 'Lucid Dreamers and God' in the Dream Science section. God is one of the most nonsensical and paradoxical concepts I've ever come across. I've even come up with an Epicurean-inspired Excalibur analogy to expose it. :D

Keep your sadomasochistic relationship with your imaginary Father to yourself because you won't see me abjectly prostrating myself before thin air ... ever!! :twisted:

And no, I'm not a Luciferian either ... although I've got more respect for them. :mrgreen:

you do have free will.

Erm ... no you don't. In a deterministic universe---where cause-and-effect is quite apparent at the Newtonian level of reality---free will is exposed as a nonsensical concept. :mrgreen:

The fallacy of free will is discussed ad nauseum here:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15086

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 23 Apr 2017 17:46

Let my offer my side, it will be completely different than yours since I have more of a lucid dreamer's philosophy, but still, it's kind of fun.

nickbor wrote:ok dominenthos Im like minded and I offered proof of the immortality of the soul withought death experience through meditation but these guys arent truth seekers like me.

Who says I am not a truth seeker exactly? I was looking for the truth in high school when I didn't know what the term lucid dreaming was. I had many incidents of dream spying and dream meshing, and did NOT know exactly what was going on, so I was "finally" asking my psychiatrist about what was going on, even asking if it had something to do with my medication. I can also easily say in some of my lucid dreams I have been able to prove time and time again that not only am I free from all of my afflictions and pain, I have ultimate invincibility and cannot be killed by things that would normally kill someone instantly. It was proven several times when I flew into a black hole, in front of a star (thousands of degrees hotter than lava), to planets far away (colder than nitro) or even flying near the toxic ones that I am invincible. A few of the space lucid dreams have even been incidents of spying (diamond planet, lightning, water on a few of the more distant ones, the one with 2 stars), which is always nice. While truth seeking isn't necessarily a top priority in many lucid dreams, I still enjoy having fun in the many lucid dreams.

Im more into the experiences of life than into the philosofizing about it. but Ive had an outer body experience before while meditating like a monk or something trying to heal myself from some minor temptations such as tobacco smoking. and i experienced the best love in the world which is a truly heavenly experience which is unconditional and I suggest for you dominenthos to try seeking spiritual enlightenment for the same experience if you are interested. it is something unforgettable but I could only do it with people to make them less afraid.

I have induced WILDs before while meditating as well. Often I don't do this intentionally, and the instructor gets upset at me for lucid dreaming about flying above the room when I should stay focused. One time I didn't realize I had entered into my dream body, so when we got up to do some activities, I started doing them in my dream, but then I looked in the giant mirror, and could still see that least my clone was still meditating (since my dream body is invisible in the mirror). I then looked at myself and saw that I was indeed dressed in my white robe and blue sash I always wear in certain lucid dreams, and thought "Oh no! I induced a lucid dream when I wasn't supposed to!" The instructor walked over to my clone and was telling her to wake up.
So you use dream healing (placebo healing) as well? That's really amazing. Dream healing makes healing from illnesses and injuries slightly faster if used in the right way, as well as you can also recover your endurance much faster if you use it properly. There was one time I even used dream healing to revive myself, which just goes to show how underestimated this dream ability is.
You aren't the only one who has experienced DCs and dream worlds which are beyond the kindness and compassion of real life. In some of my lucid dreams and my lucid dream friends' lucid dreams, we were also able to experience exactly the same thing. While it isn't something that can easily be explained, it's one of the very reasons why I like lucid dreaming more than the real world. It is also one of the reasons why it is easy for me to tell the difference, since real life just isn't capable of that.

Ive tried to educate people of other things while making them fear less I even have gnosis of god and my own immortality like you. you can see why educating others on all this physical proof stuff is not really wrong or wright. and its not these gyus fault. not everybody is spiritually aware but what works to influence others in a positive way is to be a moral example.

That's not really a dream subject you really want to talk about on this forum. I would really recommend keeping a dream journal on another website (www.livejournal.com) and posting private entries about that

god makes me feed people their food usuailly i only requre gratitude for the offering. my dad is not very spiritual either like summerlander. these gyus are going to experience something one day and find out they wasted all this time on earth debating those in the know of our self awareness. i will repeat this once to you dominenthos beacause ive paid attention to my own life. even things i did in sports came back to me later in a negative way and i did what you would do if you respected others freedom despite being wronged. but with purity of soul i found my long awaited enlightenment and ultimate salvation. you do have free will. i sacrifice mine to stay out of trouble and feed those who are hungry. if you get it you might start thanking heaven for youre food

Something makes you feed the homeless or the hungry? Utah doesn't believe in that one for a second! Much like me, many people in Utah are often seen feeding the homeless and hungry. They have a huge food and clothing storage there exclusively used there for the poor. Do you know why people in Utah including myself do good deeds? We do it out of kindness, because we believe there is infinite value in every person and every animal. It is to the point where we'd even be willing to sacrifice our own bodies to help another person if it was needed.

Whether free will is real or not (I will not state my opinion, I don't want to fight), not everyone always has complete control over their mind at all times. I wish I could say at times I had complete control over it, especially back in middle school, I did not. It was like at certain times, I wasn't even myself when my emotions got so intense, I couldn't control them. I empathize greatly for people who have disabilities and people who criticize them for it, because often they don't have control over their actions.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Apr 2017 18:56

As I said before ... 8-)

'Imagine that God created an object like Excalibur, the legendary sword of King Arthur, and made it so that it was impossible for anyone---even Himself---to remove it from the stone. (Or imagine that was His intended conception AB INITIO.) If such were produced and He was unable to remove it, He wouldn't be OMNIPOTENT. If He produced it and could remove it, He would have failed to create His intended conception of the IMPOSSIBLE removal of the "sword" from the stone. Again, His omnipotence is disproved if He is impotent in that respect. And if He attempts such feat---and thus having never tried it---in order to arrive at a conclusion, as a god He'd lack OMNISCIENCE and certainly OMNIPRESENCE if He's not in the future. All the qualities of an all-powerful Being deserving of reverence are destroyed by the Excalibur analogy. But such analogy isn't even required to demonstrate the paradoxical nature of the God concept. Take the following as alluded to by the fictitious GOD'S DEBRIS by Scott Adams: Can God commit suicide? Well, if He can, He's not ETERNAL; if He can't, He's not OMNIPOTENT. If He's never tried it, He's neither INFINITE, nor OMNIPOTENT nor OMNIPRESENT. Already you can hear Epicurus echo from the distant past ... Such paradoxical being simply cannot be, ergo, God does not exist! And if there be such a thing that defies human logic in such a way, I'm still waiting for the theist to evidence it.'

God ... pfft. It seems like God isn't even sufficient unto Himself. Only humankind to come up with an omnipotent father figure; very Freudian! :lol:

- Padmasambhava

nickbor

Postby nickbor » 23 Apr 2017 19:56

I dont wanna fight either I was forced to by my catholic mom to play football when I was 12. I had to literally do an eye for an eye in that sport and it led to only pain. but i beared the pain and my mom got to be a cherleader. i will say this that i do give to children out of kindness. and there is a feeling running in the catholic mindset where were supposed to fear god or something. i could not be less afraid untill i experiend redemption but i agree with you that lucid dreaming is really cool. and enlightened love is practically heaven on earth. so if we could agree to disagree since the temptation thing is unpleasant and there is something i also think we should agree that both freedom and compassion is cool. im not a stranger to compassion. my family line has a lot of doctors and nurses and builders in it and farmers. we rely on the seasons we rely on plentifull food, and we rely on something to do. when we want to escape we read books seek spiritual reward or lucid dream or we made video games, and none of it can meet my dissaproval. my dad is a former lucid dreaming athiest. but he has good values and grows old because of them. he thinks the midlle way like in bhuddism and we are compassionate for animals, we have dogs. dogs are predators, their not supposed to change and it is not for me to feed them plants. ive been to temple after living the way i liked and i accept the offering there and i have litterally caused freedom for someone around me and away from judgment. that person is my brother he lucid dreams too he wants to be a doctor. heaven want me to make everybody learn how to behave and i have to recommend having a humble mindset because it is shameless, but where i live I try to be an example of having gratitude. people put my brain on pills as well for my feelings and my mom is scared of spiders and when she sees one she wants it dead. when there is a better solution it is to just avoid it. there are not many people i know who are even temporarily loosing their freedom except people who play american football and it comes back to bite them in the butt later like it did to me. freedom is not a game that people everywhere take seriously even freedom of mind to have lucid dreams religious freedom, creative freedom or freedom to play the sports you like, or freedom to be a doctor or an inventor who helps with salvation. but if we all know that healthcare is because of religeion and we have new years to quit bad habits or things that are unhealthy. but if religeon admits its chouce is slavery, then you dont realize all of the sacrifices in history which happened whom are slave owners put to shame. thank god Im pro freedom of even basketball players who can steal a ball from their opponents and they have the free will to do so, they must have as much respect for their enemies like i had to playing football to eventually make them my freinds where their was no way we would have killed over our differences

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Apr 2017 22:48

Religion has always been behind slavery, discrimination, rape and murder and is usually late to recant on their tyrannical ways after crowds are finally moved by reason and secular humanism.

One read of A. C. Grayling's literature and you'll realise that his prescription for morality is superior to the nasty suras of the Qur'an and the amorality of both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. Furthermore, so-called sacred texts from the Middle Ages do not compare to the efficient deontology and ethics outlined by philosophers like Immanuel Kant or even a modern-day Sam Harris.

Religion poisons everything with its silly superstitions and stultifies human progress.

My two cents. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 23 Apr 2017 23:29

To Summerlander:
Ever hear of "separation of church and state"?
It means there are some places where talking about it or against it is simply not appropriate. I am choosing to go with exactly this, to keep peace with both sides. Respect my opinion, that I am not going to beat up others for their beliefs like you. As for my personal opinion, I prefer to talk about that one in complete privacy, such as at home, or in private dream journal entries (I put them in entries no one can read, as the private entries are ones that can be read by no user, that's how LiveJournal works). Sometimes with some of my opinions, even some of my own family members don't know about them.

Religion has always been behind slavery, discrimination, rape and murder and is usually late to recant on their tyrannical ways after crowds are finally moved by reason and secular humanism.

There are many humans and animals today dying in the name of science. Millions of animals excluding mice but including kittens and puppies are mercilessly slaughtered or abused in science labs. In fact, much of the time in America, if you want to get treated, but you are too poor to afford the treatment, the only way you can get it is to consent to be an experiment subject for that treatment, and sign a waiver in case that experiment should go wrong and you "die" from it. They are in a way, experimenting on people in America without the general public even realizing it, and some people are dying from it. The Science of America doesn't even care they are killing their subjects, they really only care about the money they make from the results of the experiment. I personally think Science of America and the government are the real tyrants or psychopaths of today, when they end up killing or seriously hurting desperate people and innocent animals just for results. I believe science has killed way more kittens, puppies, monkeys, etc through their experimental research than religion ever did, enough that the humane society would really want to grab pitch forks and torches at them for it.
While it is true bad religions are causing damage to humanity, even if they were gone, science would certainly take over. Did you know that a secular teacher who didn't want to deal with an autistic boy had him arrested, and he could be sentenced to 10 years in prison (because he attacked the policeman without really knowing what he was doing)? If it were up to science, because of how animals handle it in the wild, I personally think they would most likely arrange to humanely euthanize the disabled out of gene pool existence instead of helping them (before you argue with me against this, most mental disabilities CAN be passed down genetically, schizo I end up seeing from families who have had a history of mental disorders). My opinion is that both science and the bad religions need to learn is a thing called "EMPATHY". Learn to actually care for and express kindness for both people and the animals around them, not just mindlessly slaughtering cats, dogs, and lambs as if they were just useless objects.

I want to ask you a favor: let's not make this user feel uncomfortable. I know you may possibly hate users like her, or believe they are mentally retarded, but why don't we give this user a chance? We can be free to disagree, but let's not turn this into a fight for once, okay?

To nickbor:

I dont wanna fight either I was forced to by my catholic mom to play football when I was 12. I had to literally do an eye for an eye in that sport and it led to only pain. but i beared the pain and my mom got to be a cherleader.

I empathize with this greatly. A friend really wants me to behave like a "girl" at her wedding, which I really hate behaving like a girl. Behaving like a girl means dressing like one, slathering make up on my face, walking with elegance, and also eating like a girl. I want to make my friend happy and will do that for her, but if it were up to me normally, I'd rather watch paint dry than behave like a girl.

i will say this that i do give to children out of kindness. and there is a feeling running in the catholic mindset where were supposed to fear god or something. i could not be less afraid untill i experiend redemption but i agree with you that lucid dreaming is really cool. and enlightened love is practically heaven on earth.

I used to help out a children's group, so I know how that feels. Give to them, and teach them life skills they will need.

so if we could agree to disagree since the temptation thing is unpleasant and there is something i also think we should agree that both freedom and compassion is cool.

Summerlander and I have different opinions, and while he may disagree with some of my opinions (I believe animals can express empathy just like humans. I saw a Youtube video where a robin showed empathy towards a grieving mother at her son's grave. It landed right on her hand, and it was talking to her in its own language.), I have my own personal opinions on things he probably either knows about or doesn't know about. For example, being from Utah, I won't drink alcohol, caffeine (no coffee, tea, or coke), or take any drugs of any kind.
I know what you mean about that urge you have about doing something you will soon regret. Since I have no attraction, that type of urge doesn't really affect me. Like if you smell something good and you want to take a bite out of it, or if you see something really cool and you want to buy it? Yes I am quite familiar with this.

im not a stranger to compassion.

Well neither am I. People who come from Utah usually are, despite those horrible rumors people spread about them.

we rely on the seasons we rely on plentifull food, and we rely on something to do. when we want to escape we read books seek spiritual reward or lucid dream or we made video games, and none of it can meet my dissaproval.

The seasons in northern Utah are rather unusual. Every season we all rely on something as well. Summer we all have to watch out for fire. While winter, many of us try to get out of Utah altogether, because there's a nasty inversion that really does make people sick (many including myself have even had to have a pneumonia shot)
Hey when I want to escape, I do exactly the same thing, I enter my lucid dreams or my multimedia world. In fact, a line from my Lutopia theme would be "a place where I can be free away from the harshness and pain of reality". In some of my own lucid dreams, I am able to control my emotions, which I can no longer do in real life, so is my escape from reality.

My dad is a former lucid dreaming athiest. but he has good values and grows old because of them. he thinks the middle way like in Buddhism and we are compassionate for animals, we have dogs. dogs are predators, their not supposed to change and it is not for me to feed them plants.

I know many people who are.
I show great kindness to the animals as well, as I always am there when they need me. Perhaps this is why animals are often drawn to me whenever I am around. Dogs will always run towards me, wild animals including birds will often make their home in my yard (which sometimes I will leave food for them), and even a few times, I've gotten a couple of animals to climb on my arm. I never expect an animal to change it's predatory behavior. Like for example, if moths fly into the house, I will sometimes catch them and release them outside, however if one of my cats gets to the moth first (which that will often happen), the cat will eat the moth. The same would go with if a mouse happened to wander inside. I will always care about my cats, even if they eat another wild animal, because that's just how they are.

ive been to temple after living the way i liked and i accept the offering there and i have litterally caused freedom for someone around me and away from judgment. that person is my brother he lucid dreams too he wants to be a doctor.

Why should anyone judge someone for that? Even if its something that they may not be able to accomplish, they can try the very best they can to try for that goal

heaven want me to make everybody learn how to behave and i have to recommend having a humble mindset because it is shameless, but where i live I try to be an example of having gratitude. people put my brain on pills as well for my feelings.

Sorry but you cannot just teach me to learn how to behave. I've been put on pills for my feelings as well, because unlike you, I cannot control them.

my mom is scared of spiders and when she sees one she wants it dead. when there is a better solution it is to just avoid it.

I cannot just avoid spiders, I have to either release them outside or have my cats eat them, because I am allergic to spiders (I am allergic to any bug or insect that bites or stings). Being allergic is WAY worse than just being afraid of them. Freaking out is one thing, but it is incredibly inconvenient if I end up getting bitten someplace inconvenient, then I end up swelling up at a very inconvenient time from that bite, and left untreated, I have to also visit a doctor. Well at least I am not as allergic as this other person I know, who stops breathing if she gets bitten.

there are not many people i know who are even temporarily loosing their freedom except people who play american football and it comes back to bite them in the butt later like it did to me. freedom is not a game that people everywhere take seriously even freedom of mind to have lucid dreams religious freedom, creative freedom or freedom to play the sports you like, or freedom to be a doctor or an inventor who helps with salvation.

Not everyone ends up having that same kind of freedom as you. I still remember how it felt when I lost the freedom to control my emotions. I still am trying to get that back as much as I can, which I tried the day I lost that to get it back, but I have never been able to, and my psychiatrist says it probably will never happen.
but if we all know that healthcare is because of religeion and we have new years to quit bad habits or things that are unhealthy. but if religeon admits its chouce is slavery, then you dont realize all of the sacrifices in history which happened whom are slave owners put to shame. thank god Im pro freedom of even basketball players who can steal a ball from their opponents and they have the free will to do so, they must have as much respect for their enemies like i had to playing football to eventually make them my freinds where their was no way we would have killed over our differences

Many doctors are both religious and non-religious, so I would say that healthcare could fit on both sides. Why quit bad habits on New Years Day? I've tried to improve habits in the summer time as well.
I will admit that some religions are not bad religions, but there are some religions out there which I would consider "bad religions" and I had to say it. Islam for example (not Muslim, Islam, which is a brainwashed version of Muslim), which their goal is to kill as many people as possible to get as many virgins as possible (I would really enjoy seeing how many asexual people are ready and willing to kick their @#$@ once they get to "AVEN"). Or the Utah traitors, the "fundamentalists"? The fundamentalists kidnap females of any age and rape them. Jeff Warren was their leader, and claimed he could summon natural disasters to destroy people he didn't like.
Actually that's called being competitive. Although with my nephew while we were playing soccer, I refrained from stealing the ball from him, since he was much smaller than me. Since I am a high rank in martial arts and could hit hard if I stole the ball since I could have used a move to steal it, but it could have really hurt him in the process, I refrained from doing so. Sometimes you have to know when to show restraint.

I would rather have Utah immortality (being a human) over being a ghost and living like this for the rest of forever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S0ziZ_5MOs&t=390s. Infinite knowledge, ultimate invincibility, and the ability to teleport or travel at the speed of thought to any planet or universe you want. I would never be alone, because I would be able to clone my quasiplatonic friend from my lucid dreams into being real, then we could travel from planet to planet (including this one) doing all sorts of good deeds for others and endlessly learning in the process, it would never end.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”