Occult Dream Theory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Summerlander

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Summerlander » 01 May 2017 18:59

lucidé wrote:There is some truth to this in a few situations in that situation at least.
I will let you know, there are really lucid dreams out there where a person will have limited controls as there have been lucid dreams I have had where I have dealt with the same.

It is true that there are lucid dreams where the sleeper lacks control. You can know you're dreaming and yet lack the confidence that you can control your illusory surroundings---in particular when they seem challenging. Control in lucid dreams is not straight forward and thoughts/emotions that just arise willy-nilly can get in the way.

But a lucid dreamer's scope for control will always be greater than that of a so-called astral projector because the former realises there is nothing but the mind to tame whilst the latter believes certain characters and objects are sentient or independent because they are thought to be otherworldly. Psychologically, the believer has already forfeited much of the chances of control; allowing the dream world to play out and 'confirm' their misguided views.

Yes I sure wish that one newbie would have taken my advice the other day when I told him about my lucid dream, but some people don't ever want to listen

I know the feeling. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 01 May 2017 19:32

Summerlander wrote:It is true that there are lucid dreams where the sleeper lacks control. You can know you're dreaming and yet lack the confidence that you can control your illusory surroundings---in particular when they seem challenging. Control in lucid dreams is not straight forward and thoughts/emotions that just arise willy-nilly can get in the way.

But a lucid dreamer's scope for control will always be greater than that of a so-called astral projector because the former realises there is nothing but the mind to tame whilst the latter believes certain characters and objects are sentient or independent because they are thought to be otherworldly. Psychologically, the believer has already forfeited much of the chances of control; allowing the dream world to play out and 'confirm' their misguided views.

It isn't just that I lack control in some of my lucid dreams. I no doubt have complete confidence in every one of my lucid dreams I have. There are just some types of lucid dreams I have, but not most of them, that I have some control issues in (mostly they are the same lucid dreams I have had also had some incidents of dream spying in, so this might be self-explanatory). However, because I am aware of my dream, I only have some control issues, such as not being able to summon fire on command or being able to control the weather at will. However, unlike other people who are non-lucid, because I am completely lucid, I have complete mastery over my flight and my thoughts, and I can get some of the characters to treat me with proper respect. So while I may not be 100% in mastered control in some of my lucid dreams, I know exactly what I am doing, and how to work with and manipulate the controls I do have. I never have lacked the confidence in any of my lucid dreams, there is just something about some of the lucid dreams I have that no matter how hard I attempt to use a control, I am unable to. Then some of these it is confirmed I might be having an incident of dream spying, which it could explain why I cannot manipulate the environment.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 May 2017 00:05

If you read my last lucid dream entitled 'Big Ben Walk' you will see that I had some issues with control. I found myself wearing a gas mask and every time I removed it, I'd be wearing another one. It's like I had several layers of plastic on my face. It was annoying ... :x
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 02 May 2017 01:02

Some of my lucid dreams that I have issues with control with, I cannot get that clone of mine to wake up, no matter how hard I try. See I really want to attempt this type of dream control like I saw in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QniU5FJl9E8 Come on, you've got to admit the way he's waking up his clone in that video is really funny, correct? Want to know what's even more insulting? A few times when I have tried several techniques to wake up that clone of mine (climbing on top of the clone's body and trying to shake it awake, tackling it, putting my arms around it to try to put it into a hugging position, etc), I end up waking up from my lucid dream, which to any lucid dreamer, has got to be a complete insult.
Maybe a few times back when I was a teenager, and my Gameboy was connected to the stand, and I kept trying to grab it and take it with me, and my hand kept going right through the system, and no matter how many times I tried to grab it, the same thing happened over and over. I will tell you I never had problems with this before.
I am going to say, you know how I had many incidents of spying episodes back when I was a teenager? I am not afraid to admit I REALLY had a bit of a gambler's luck streak when I was that age. I even challenged my boss to a game of cards with 1 in 5 chance of winning each time, and I won 50 games in a row.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”