Hello everyone, got a question (did a site search)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Skinsfan

Hello everyone, got a question (did a site search)

Postby Skinsfan » 24 Jul 2012 07:16

I have never tried lucid dreaming before and I hardly ever remember my dreams. Often I feel as if I never dream at all. So naturally, this whole lucid dreaming thing is piquing my curiosity. I do have some burning questions that I hope can be answered. I have done multiple searches to see if anyone has had similar concerns, and oddly I have found nothing on this forum or through google.

I just need to flat out say it: I am a survivor of horrible childhood trauma. My mind has repressed 100% of the experiences, which I consider to be a huge boon for me, both in how I grew up and now as an adult (I am 22). You can probably guess where this is going.

As I understand it, LD has a lot to do with your subconscious mind. My question is: is attempting to LD a bad idea for someone like me with a mountain of repressed memories? I know they're in there, I just can't access them either awake, or as far as I know, in regular dreaming. My fear is that this will either open Pandora's Box in my conscious mind and bring back all of these horrible experiences after I experience LD and/or will lead to terrible lucid nightmares.

I would be most grateful if anyone with similar experience can shed some light on this. Thanks much, and I look forward (perhaps) to participating in this community :)

Denmonation

Re: Hello everyone, got a question (did a site search)

Postby Denmonation » 24 Jul 2012 07:43

When you lucid dream and happen to go back to those bad memories, you can use your new powers to conquer them. So lucid dreaming could help immensely. And lucid nightmares shouldn't be a concern because once you realize you're dreaming, you can realize there's nothing to be afraid of. I haven't gone through the same things you have, and I'm definitely not the most experienced lucid dreamer here, so you may want to wait for some responses from other guys too. But hopefully this helps a little.

Peter

Re: Hello everyone, got a question (did a site search)

Postby Peter » 25 Jul 2012 10:29

you will need to find you own way into this as we could all offer an opinion but have differing levels of what we can deal with. I would suspect that you SC in not out to get you so if you do start to have lucid dreams or vivid dreams they might be upsetting but also at a level that you can deal with. Best of luck and keep us posted
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”