Am I Lucid Dreaming?????

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Am I Lucid Dreaming?????

Postby annezon » 25 Jul 2012 16:03

I’m hoping that someone in this discussion group can help me as I really know nothing about lucid dreaming, but it keeps coming up in my web searches.

For some time now, I have been having dreams in which I smell things. I have had SEVERAL of them and I can recall all of them. I had a dream this morning in which I was trying on perfumes in a department store. I sprayed one on my wrist and didn’t care for it so I tried the one next to it. I sprayed it on the back of my hand and it had a mild mint smell to it…very pleasant. They were Chanel perfumes which is interesting because I’ve never smelled a Chanel perfume before.

I had a dream last year in which I was at a mall and walked into a shop that looked like something out of the 1700’s. The gentleman was dressed in period clothing and was selling loose tobacco (like you use in pipes). There was the most heavenly scented orange tobacco smell.

I’ve had dreams where I smelled roses, pine trees, coffee…etc. :o

So, my question is this. Is this normal????? What’s going on? Am I lucid dreaming? What does that mean? I am completely open minded and very curious. :?

Can anyone help me?

Re: Am I Lucid Dreaming?????

Postby sagaloohoo » 25 Jul 2012 23:26

I am not an expert in this subject so I could be wrong. It is only lucid dreaming if during the dream you are aware that you are dreaming. If you believe that say you are actually at the mall then no you are not lucid dreaming, but if you can say to yourself "right now I am sleeping and I am dreaming that I am at the mall" then yes you are lucid dreaming. As for the smells, for me at least smelling in a dream is not abnormal.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”