Is Lucid Dreaming a Form of Meditation?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jack Reacher

Re: Is Lucid Dreaming a Form of Meditation?

Postby Jack Reacher » 11 Aug 2012 00:44

Meditating within a dream... why did I never think to do this? From those few dreams I have had that go beyond your usual lucid dream I can also agree that you become apart of the environment, when I was surrounded by light and geometric shapes/energy/crazy stuff I had no body, but if I tried to move it felt like I was moving the shapes, the dream itself, didnt have absolute control though I need more practice, but im giving it a huge break while uni is on.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2012 01:47

but if I tried to move it felt like I was moving the shapes, the dream itself, didnt have absolute control though I need more practice, but im giving it a huge break while uni is on.

I dont try to control anything in that state or place but try to meld with it and let it lead me around.

Agree with needing a break, I have been travelling most of the last month and needed rest so took it. Looking forward to time at home and back into some dreamtime adventures
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 11 Aug 2012 03:23

Peter wrote:I think that Ryan hit on it but is meditation a tool or a state. Do you meditate to achieve a state or when you get to some state are you then meditating-cant be both

I know I'm late in finding this, but...

Meditation is a "tool" we use to focus our Intent to switch our state of consciousness.
You meditate to achieve the state... however, eventually (and I believe this is the goal), you can do away with meditation and just always be a small shift of focus away at any time. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2012 05:04

You meditate to achieve the state... however, eventually (and I believe this is the goal), you can do away with meditation and just always be a small shift of focus away at any time.

Agree totally with this statement, in time the shift is natural and amost seamless to the dreaming state. I dont always acheive this easily but when I do its a very natural and relaxed shift. I am thinking about some form of meditation but also think if meditation is simply a focusing exercise think I could do quite well by finding my own way around.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 12 Aug 2012 17:06

Peter wrote:
getting lucid is back to the start once again and now replaces meditation as a tool to move even deeper in the exploration of the states ( I wont even use the term mind as that in itself is limiting)

That has been my point all along. Hahaha finally some closure xD
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Aug 2012 02:23

LOL-all good and why I like this forum

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”