Not sure I belong here ..

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RenoDeluxe

Not sure I belong here ..

Postby RenoDeluxe » 25 Apr 2017 08:18

I should state this is the 1st time sharing my dream world with anyone but a few friends who just seemed confused. The more I'm reading about lucid dreams , the more I'm realizing what I have may be well beyond lucid dreams. The creativity in my dreams is WELL beyond anything i could even imagine awake. The detail is so pinpoint from sight and sound to feelings and emotions. I never watch TV or movies. I have NO idea where my brain would be getting these ideas for a fairy tail type of dream world. This has been happening for a very long time, I'm 47 btw. I also suffered from sleep paralyses as a child, it was the WORST feeling ever. Being 5 years old and frozen without a way to move or breath is scary AF. I did figure out a way of breaking that though. I had to do it within a dream and tell the demon the leave forever and convince him I wasn't scared.. Anyhow, the dreams I have today, I willing to bet Steven Spielberg would pay a fortune if he could somehow capture the creativity in my sleep world. Awake , I'm just an average Joe with Zero creativity. Most of my dreams (90%) I have no idea at all who the characters are, people and creatures I've never seen in this life time. Many of my dreams are futuristic with object that do thing that no man has created yet. My most amazing dream I will not share atm but I do see what happens after death. My struggle today is if I should focus on not having dreams anymore or somehow harness the powers within my dreams for research. I don't even know where to start for such an endeavor. Suggestions and comments would be great, Thank You .

24/7/365

Re: Not sure I belong here ..

Postby 24/7/365 » 25 Apr 2017 14:46

Research question: What is the alternate Label for R.E.M. sleep?

RenoDeluxe

Postby RenoDeluxe » 25 Apr 2017 21:41

May I ask why this suggestion? What in my post lead you to this suggestion ?

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Apr 2017 01:33

I would be interested to see some drawing or paintings of characters and other images from your dreams. You could add a brief summary of the context and possible associated meaning of the dream images and action. Rebecca Turner has a section for dream art at this website.

RenoDeluxe

Postby RenoDeluxe » 26 Apr 2017 03:25

Like I said. my creativity in the awake world is about zero but within my dreams my creativity is unreal , even the conversations with other characters in the dreams are far beyond my awake world intellect

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Apr 2017 14:19

My lucid dreams tend to be like yours, too: highly intricate and creative. Dreams sometimes reflect the connection of dots, as it were, that our waking selves wouldn't normally make. :|

This out-of-the-box work is done at the subconscious level and comes out in the light of consciousness when we sleep and our brains process information without the normal constraints of sensory input in waking life. :geek:

Your best bet, if you are willing to be creative in waking life, is to harness the practive of lucid dreaming, continue to cultivate your creative streak, and attempt to subliminally express it in the real world. Become an artist or illustrator. Write your lucid dreams down in prose or poetic form, draw them, paint them, comic strip them ... Imagine 'The Nightly Adventures of RenoDeluxe'! 8-)

Oh ... one more thing ... :ugeek:

Lucid dreams tell us nothing about what comes after we die. Dreaming---and perception in general for that matter---is a phenomenal effect begotten by the brain. :idea:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

thebigdreamer20

Postby thebigdreamer20 » 12 May 2017 00:05

I am of the belief that while our brains are quite amazing, and while our subconscious can do a lot more that we might think. It is still all a product of our own minds.

So I don't think research is something that could be done.

However I would certainly try to harness dreams that are that powerful. You could practice skills that you'll use in real life, even get an instructor. You could ask people for life advice. Plenty of things to harness in the dreams. Your dream characters might tell you something huge that you've missed like a scientific discovery or a market pattern that will make you rich or something. Probably depends on your occupation.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”